WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM
https://glove-works.getforum.org/

Any companies that will custom profile?
https://glove-works.getforum.org/any-companies-that-will-custom-profile-t14115.html
Page 1 of 1

Author:  nrocket [ Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Any companies that will custom profile?

Hey guys do you know of any wood bat companies that will work with you for custom profile? I feel like I've heard people getting service like this from like Mine or Chandler but I'm not sure. I basically want a birch 33.5 inch model that is exactly like a lousville c243 that is uncupped. Anyone know how to do this and if it would cost extra? Unfortunately LS has nothing like this.
Thanks

Author:  bosox7 [ Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

nrocket wrote:
Hey guys do you know of any wood bat companies that will work with you for custom profile? I feel like I've heard people getting service like this from like Mine or Chandler but I'm not sure. I basically want a birch 33.5 inch model that is exactly like a lousville c243 that is uncupped. Anyone know how to do this and if it would cost extra? Unfortunately LS has nothing like this.
Thanks


I have had amazing experiences with MaxBats. I recently called and asked for a barrel of one of their models, made with the handle of another. I was told they have the barrel and handle guides separate so they can make any combination. A lot more pop with the birch than I expected as well. Hope this helps.

Author:  nrocket [ Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

Yeah dude I bought a 34 inch max bat birch 243 model and it made me love birch. That's why I want another cause it's so durable and has great pop. But it plays way longer than the lousville 34 inch 243 I have a just doesn't feel like a true 243 in my opinion. I also don't like how the handle is flared. I love their birch so do you know any other handle barrel combos that could bring it closer to a LS c243?

Author:  nrocket [ Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

What about a BR1 handle with either a C4 or H2 or AS12 barrel uncupped which one do you think would work best?

Author:  bosox7 [ Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

nrocket wrote:
Yeah dude I bought a 34 inch max bat birch 243 model and it made me love birch. That's why I want another cause it's so durable and has great pop. But it plays way longer than the lousville 34 inch 243 I have a just doesn't feel like a true 243 in my opinion. I also don't like how the handle is flared. I love their birch so do you know any other handle barrel combos that could bring it closer to a LS c243?


I would say the 174 is very close but I have never seen that one in person. Honestly if you call and just ask for a salesman they will help out a lot. I spoke with a kind guy named Jason and we chatted for about 15 mins without it feeling anything beside him honestly enjoying talking about turn models if that makes sense. They have many more turns that aren't listed and what he told me was if not, they will gladly make a new one. And as far as cost, my r11 (the one I had to ask for that wasn't listed) was $109 (I believe) fully customized. Not a dime more than the other custom bats.

Author:  G13 [ Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

Working with Old Hickory on my own custom profile has been an extremely pleasant experience.

Author:  nrocket [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

G13 wrote:
Working with Old Hickory on my own custom profile has been an extremely pleasant experience.


What was it like? And how much did it cost?

Author:  GoHeels [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

LaCasse bats will do a custom birch turning for $60.00.

Author:  G13 [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

nrocket wrote:
What was it like? And how much did it cost?


I contacted them to buy a bat based on the 243 profile. Once I saw that profile in a store, I decided it needed a larger barrel (but not as large as in other 243 based profiles) and a different knob. I asked them if those modifications could be done and they agreed.

You could say it's still a 243 based profile. But they don't offer it to the public and it has a completely different feel from the profile I was going to order.

It cost me the same $120 they charge for custom bats.

Author:  nrocket [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

G13 wrote:
nrocket wrote:
What was it like? And how much did it cost?


I contacted them to buy a bat based on the 243 profile. Once I saw that profile in a store, I decided it needed a larger barrel (but not as large as in other 243 based profiles) and a different knob. I asked them if those modifications could be done and they agreed.

You could say it's still a 243 based profile. But they don't offer it to the public and it has a completely different feel from the profile I was going to order.

It cost me the same $120 they charge for custom bats.


Ive heard great things about the maple. Do they have good Birch? The old hickorys ive seen have great pop

Author:  nrocket [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

GoHeels wrote:
LaCasse bats will do a custom birch turning for $60.00.


Do you have one?good quality?

Author:  G13 [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 4:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

Maple is excellent, lots of pop on it. I would go on and say it's the best I've ever tried, and I've had a bunch.

As far as birch goes, I haven't tried theirs. However, based on the quality product I've gotten I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Author:  nrocket [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

Any pictures per chance?

Author:  G13 [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

nrocket wrote:
Any pictures per chance?


Image

Both are the GR13 (custom) profile and my favorite finishes.

Author:  nrocket [ Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Any companies that will custom profile?

The one on the right looks real close I'll compare to Lacasse and decide. I also gotta call bullet bats and see if they will alter the models.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/