WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Who is this joker?
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:03 pm 

Yeah...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Rawlings-P ... 33a70ced34

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Rawlings-P ... 33a70e27cd

If this is the going rate someone please contact me about a couple of pro department gloves that I'll sell for $1000 each. haha.

Post subject: Re: Who is this joker?
Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:19 pm 

Same Instagram genius who bought a DMS PRO6HF reissue for $250, and immediately relisted it for $465 as a 'rare Rawlings glove'.
This is almost as bad as the guys from a certain other forum, who thought $600 was a reasonable price for their 1781's.

But I'm with you... I can be talked out of a PI custom for a grand... LOL.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:49 pm 

He now has everyone on there legitimately thinking their 250 hoh's w/GLs are worth $700. It drives me nuts. Reading the comments are like a dumpster fire. someone had one for $700 and the responses are "no way is it worth that, ill give you $650" Its REALLY sad. They also think GL's go for $100-$200 and are apparently oblivious to the fact 1 glove w them went for like $51 last week and another for like $42.. I dont get it and its VERY annoying. Its my own fault in a way for choosing to read it but as i said i think this is just for attention and to gain more followers

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:26 am 

Don't get me started. This kids are cancer to those who legitimately enjoy and are knowledgeable about gloves. Hopefully nobody here is doing deals with them.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:40 am 

go on instagram, and type in @finestgloves. He is basically worshipped in the Instagram glove community. :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:38 pm 

it's as though he is a deity in the instagram glove world. i happen to know him but do not conduct business with him.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:48 pm 

Hey glovebros,

I'm @finestgloves... I'm no jokester. I posted these gloves at such a high price that they will never sell. I have my own motives for posting these up on eBay (demand stimulation, market research, increased exposure) Don't worry about what I do. Please just worry about yourselves. Thank you for your time.

Mitch

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:01 pm 

Yeah, don't worry about it. The guy is clueless about gloves.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:06 pm 

And to 'mattingly'...

I'm sure you meant that comment facetiously, but if you took the time to see what I have done with my Instagram account, I'm sure you would view me in a different light. From this Instagram account, I have proven myself as a very knowledgeable and influential person. I became a PAID marketing consultant for multiple companies and have made connections with the marketing departments at Rawlings, Wilson, ...and Easton. This Instagram account does seem childish, as the majority of my followers are between the ages of 14-17 and have no idea about gloves, and I know the sentiment this forum has about the IG 'Glove Community'. However, instead of letting my gloves solely collect dust on a shelf, I have utilized my collection of gloves to not only build a career doing something I love, but to pass on this love for gloves we all share to the younger generation. I, by no means, was intending to offend anyone in this forum, as gloveworks is what started my passion for gloves and has provided me with the majority of my knowledge about gloves. I know this got kinda long and kudos to anyone who took the time to read this whole thing, but in all honesty it's a shame to see some of the people I used to look up to view me as a "jokester". Thanks again for your time.

Mitch

tl;dr: follow me on IG: @FinestGloves and have a good day

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:50 pm 

Call it what you want but at the end of the day you are taking advantage of people. It is NOT OK but whatever helps you sleep at night, right? Members of this forum do not inflate prices by 300%.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:14 pm 

I never understood why people get so wound up about what someone sells a glove for (or how much they ask for it). If the price offends you--don't buy it.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:48 pm 

marketing research? influence? let's call this what it is: bragging. You have gloves few if anyone else has, and you're flaunting them. You know that no one is going to buy the gloves, but thats not the point. That's why you post them on IG and on Ebay, to be SEEN. Let's not try and wrap your vainglory in some shroud using business-speak to cloak what is very clearly to me, a one man pissing contest. I imagine many of the people on these forums could embarrass you with their collections. Hell, if I was willing to cut up all my gold label customs (true one of a kinds) and 50th Anniversary PP's, I could have a cobbler slap gold labels on non-gl gloves too. Hell, I might have someone PUT A RAWLINGS GOLD LABEL ON A WILSON A2000 THIS WEEKEND!

Look for it on Ebay and instagram. Starting bid will be $10,000.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:14 pm 

I guess we won't see eye to eye on this. It's unfortunate that I have became the center of a flame war by the people who started my love for gloves and taught me everything I know about them. Yes, I'm sure there are many collections that can put mine to shame, but I don't really get how that is relevant in this discussion.

About the seemingly 'inflated' price level for rare gloves... As I'm sure you all know, price is determined by supply and demand. Rare gloves have a very inelastic demand curve to glove collectors. Supply of rare gloves is obviously very low, and when coupled with an increase in demand that is stimulated by this new generation of glove-appreciators, prices are going to shoot up to levels unseen by you folks on this board. I'm not forcing anyone to send me these offers, so I'm not sure how I'm 'taking advantage' of people.

I see how my eBay postings can be interpreted as bragging, but I did not intend on offending anyone by doing so. I will always admire and appreciate those of you who provided me with information that can be found no where else and who inspired me to start glove collecting, regardless of your sentiment towards me. Thanks again to those of you who took the time to read this.

Mitch

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:54 pm 

bigmac25 wrote:
He now has everyone on there legitimately thinking their 250 hoh's w/GLs are worth $700. It drives me nuts. Reading the comments are like a dumpster fire. someone had one for $700 and the responses are "no way is it worth that, ill give you $650" Its REALLY sad. They also think GL's go for $100-$200 and are apparently oblivious to the fact 1 glove w them went for like $51 last week and another for like $42.. I dont get it and its VERY annoying. Its my own fault in a way for choosing to read it but as i said i think this is just for attention and to gain more followers

Didn't you sell an autographed ASG glove for a handsome profit?...and post this:

"I'll bet. Another prominent glove collector purchased it for just south of 4 figures.
I WAS AMAZED. I never thought people were that into collecting gloves!
now i know :)"

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:59 pm 

These threads are silly. As long as the item description is accurate, who cares about the price? The buyer will probably do their research before spending $1000 or whatever. People brag on this forum all the time because it's the internet. The collections subforum is a haven for that.

Mr. Economics Major/BackwardK/FinestGloves/Mitch, why don't you share some knowledge on this forum since this forum needs more topics to discuss. Your background in economics, supposed consultation with a few companies, and all that fancy market research in the social media world could be valuable insight to collectors on this forum.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next