WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Knowledge of All-Star and Rawlings gloves
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:21 pm 

Former Baseball guy, now in Fastpitch Softball with my daughter. The quality of Fastpitch Softball gloves offered is awful compared to baseball. Very few high quality choices. I am seeking the highest quality Fastpitch specific catcher's gloves.

I have found 2 gloves I am interested in. The All-Star uses Maruhashi Leather and I gather it is decent leather, I know Mizuno uses it in Japan also, but I have been extremely dispappointed with the Mizuno gloves of late (it is all I used back in the 80's/90's and I am sure the pro model baseball stuff is still primo but the general mizuno stuff stinks). The Rawlings is a HOH made in the Philippines. I'm not sure if all Rawlings production is in Philippines or only the general consumption stuff with the pro models being made in USA?

Anyway, any info or guidance you can give on either of these two gloves would be appreciated. Alternatively, if you know of any high quality Fastpitch specific softball catcher's gloves then I would appreciate that info also.

2019 All Star Pro 33.50" Fastpitch Catcher's Mitt: CMW3000

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07GVVB6K8/?coliid=I25XXY6QX54A5V&colid=3CY4UOSB9KNEW&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Rawlings PROCM33FP

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07BJ12S6G/?coliid=I3T4U3DHXQDLHQ&colid=3CY4UOSB9KNEW&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Thank you,

Randy

Post subject: Re: Knowledge of All-Star and Rawlings gloves
Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:13 am 

Sadly there are no Rawlings made in USA since 2015 when Master Glovemaker retired. Because you are looking at softball mitts, you might want to post on Softball Fans Forum as you might get better responses there. Good luck!

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:17 am 

Wally Gator wrote:
Sadly there are no Rawlings made in USA since 2015 when Master Glovemaker retired. Because you are looking at softball mitts, you might want to post on Softball Fans Forum as you might get better responses there. Good luck!

Thank you. Didn't know Rawlings had nothing made in the US anymore. Disappointing. I think I will go with the Japanese All-Star over a Philippine Rawlings.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:52 am 

Wally Gator wrote:

I found one Softball forum called Softball Central but the most recent post there is 5 years old. Is there another Softball specific forum and, if so, could you provide a link? If not, I'm hoping maybe someone here can help or maybe I should put this in the general forum?

Thank you!

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:07 pm 

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:07 pm 

Wally Gator wrote:
http://forums.softballfans.com/

Thank you much!