WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Re: TROUT AND KEMp Game Models
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:04 am 

Tuesday night/Wed morning @ midnight ET there are still 2 Kemp models available. I ordered a Kemp on Monday but haven't gotten the shipping confirmation yet. Anyone that ordered a Kemp shouldn't have a problem, but there are going to be some people that ordered a Trout and won't get it.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:13 pm 

Nike has had some issues with their site and real time availability, since these gloves launched. The Kemp glove has been listed on and off as 'out of stock' since early Saturday, but some of the times when it wasn't listed as 'out of stock', you still couldn't add one to your cart or get the glove through the checkout process. Since Nike is a pretty big target for credit card fraud purchases and since these gloves were going for $500 a pop, it's very possible that some of the original orders for these gloves didn't make it all the way through Nike's credit card/security process... took them longer to verify the credit card info too, being as that these gloves launched early on a Saturday morning.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:03 pm 

What do you think looks cooler?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:35 pm 

My Kemp game model is in transit!

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 am 

nama wrote:
My Kemp game model is in transit!

Nice... glad it worked out.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:18 pm 

The glove that Mike Trout uses looks like the one in the promo pics, but the ones they shipped have red laces instead of black.

Kemp's actual glove looks the same as the promo pics and the gloves that were sold.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:31 pm 

The Trout glove with red laces that's being shipped, is actually Trout's brand new glove he had Nike make for him with red laces. He's not gaming it yet, but has been breaking it in, taking FP, and shagging flies with it before games...

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:44 pm 

I got both of these today and the SHA|DO is by far the superior glove. Better leather, pattern and laces. The laces on the Trout DEP actually feel like hard pasta that is barely cooked. When I bent a piece of the lace, it really felt like it was going to snap. The only thing the DEP has better is that the inside of the finger stalls feel better on the back of my fingers compared to the SHA|DO, but that's about it. I like the material Nike uses on the inside of the gloves. They call it LPS "moist clutch" and it makes it a little more difficult to get your hand in the glove, but it has a good grip once it's inside. I guess this material is in all of the SHA|DO gloves, while the DEPs usually have leather interior except for the Trout model.

This was the first time I've felt either a SHA|DO or DEP and while I wouldn't get another DEP, the SHA|DO is one of the best gloves I've ever seen.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 pm 

rproulx86 wrote:
I got both of these today and the SHA|DO is by far the superior glove. Better leather, pattern and laces. The laces on the Trout DEP actually feel like hard pasta that is barely cooked. When I bent a piece of the lace, it really felt like it was going to snap. The only thing the DEP has better is that the inside of the finger stalls feel better on the back of my fingers compared to the SHA|DO, but that's about it. I like the material Nike uses on the inside of the gloves. They call it LPS "moist clutch" and it makes it a little more difficult to get your hand in the glove, but it has a good grip once it's inside. I guess this material is in all of the SHA|DO gloves, while the DEPs usually have leather interior except for the Trout model.

This was the first time I've felt either a SHA|DO or DEP and while I wouldn't get another DEP, the SHA|DO is one of the best gloves I've ever seen.

Is the DEP for Trout made in China? I got my SHA|DO too and it's a simply excellent glove. I was planning to return or sell it because it's for the RHT, but decided to keep it.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:08 pm 

rproulx86 wrote:
... the SHA|DO is one of the best gloves I've ever seen.

That's pretty much the consensus, from anyone who gets to check a SHA|DO Elite J out.
They really are great gloves.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:12 pm 

The SHA|DO has "Made In Japan" stamping, but I don't see anything on the DEP or the box to indicate where it was made. I would guess China since that's where DEPs are usually made.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:11 am 

Brand new Subway commercial, featuring Mike Trout and his new red laced Nike DEP II...

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7OeW/subway-fly-ball-featuring-mike-trout

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:25 am