WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Latest news on Composite Bats for Little League
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:33 pm 

FYI for those who have kids playing Little League. I guess my son's TPX Triton will be a collectors item that I can hang on his bedroom wall...

http://www.littleleague.org/media/newsa ... ratium.htm

By Communications Division
SOUTH WILLIAMSPORT, Pa.
December 30, 2010

Little League International has placed a moratorium on the use of composite bats in the Little League (Majors) Division and all other baseball divisions of Little League, effective immediately.

“Today’s decision of the Little League International Board of Directors Executive Committee is based on scientific research data from the University of Massachusetts (Lowell), which was contracted by Little League Baseball,” Stephen D. Keener, President and Chief Executive Officer of Little League Baseball and Softball, said. “The maximum performance standard for non-wood bats in the divisions for 12-year-olds and below is a Bat Performance Factor (BPF) of 1.15. The research found that composite bats, while they may meet the standard when new, can exceed that standard after a break-in process.”

On Sept. 1, Little League International placed a moratorium on composite bats in the Junior, Senior, and Big League Baseball Divisions of Little League. Subsequent to that moratorium, some composite bat models have received a waiver and may be used in those divisions. Information on the composite bats that have received waivers for the Junior, Senior, and Big League Baseball Divisions of Little League may be found here:

http://www.littleleague.org/learn/equip ... mpbats.htm

At present, no composite bats for the Little League (Majors) Division and below have received a waiver. If and when any models do receive a waiver, Little League International will inform its leagues of that decision.

The moratorium on composite bats, which now applies to all baseball divisions of Little League, does not apply to any softball divisions of Little League.

Post subject: Re: Latest news on Composite Bats for Little League
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:26 pm 

I wonder if Pony will follow suit. My son also has a Triton. :cry:

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:47 pm 
Gold Glover

This is the reason I have not bought any new bats for my son recently. My son will be playing in 13U this upcoming season and according to the HS rules a lot of the composite bats are going to be illegal. He has an older SV12 that is legal for this year and next because it has a composite handle only, then after that I believe that will be illegal as well. At this rate and all the nonsense just go back to using wood bats and let the kids concentrate more on quality leather. :D These bats are over priced to begin with and don't hold there value anything like the higher end gloves.

Pro Preferred PRO200-6K
HOH PRODCTP
HOH PRODC
HOH PROAP5
HOH PRO-TB

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:15 pm 
Silver Slugger

yankees23 wrote:
This is the reason I have not bought any new bats for my son recently. My son will be playing in 13U this upcoming season and according to the HS rules a lot of the composite bats are going to be illegal. He has an older SV12 that is legal for this year and next because it has a composite handle only, then after that I believe that will be illegal as well. At this rate and all the nonsense just go back to using wood bats and let the kids concentrate more on quality leather. :D These bats are over priced to begin with and don't hold there value anything like the higher end gloves.

My friends rag on me for a having "a lot" of gloves. Meanwhile some of them have 400+ in bats.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:18 pm 
Gold Glover

port14 wrote:
yankees23 wrote:

My friends rag on me for a having "a lot" of gloves. Meanwhile some of them have 400+ in bats.

Most expensive bat I ever had was my -5 Liquidmetal for my 13 yr old year in Babe Ruth. Paid $100 each for the 3 Nike Strobes I used in HS.