WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board



WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:53 pm
Posts: 134
Location: Tidewater Area of Virginia
Tell me who is your favorite player past or present?

_________________
Girls do two things, lower your batting average and your bank account.
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:15 pm 
Offline
Gold Glover

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:20 pm
Posts: 1654
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Past: The one and only Kirby Puckett. An absolute legend, and a better person than player.

Present: Elvis Andrus. He amazes me at the plate everytime I see him play. He's not the best player in the league, or even on his own team. There is something about the way he approaches his at bats that I really like.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:54 pm
Posts: 102
goldy the gopher wrote:
Past: The one and only Kirby Puckett. An absolute legend, and a better person than player.

Present: Elvis Andrus. He amazes me at the plate everytime I see him play. He's not the best player in the league, or even on his own team. There is something about the way he approaches his at bats that I really like.



Side note, Kirby Puckett's nephew used to live down the street from me when I was younger. I believe it was his nephew. Relative at least. He had so much game used Kirby Puckett stuff, batting gloves, bats, etc. You name it he had it.

Favorite current player(s) are Ryan Braun and Josh Hamilton. Past Player would be Cal Ripken Jr.

_________________
8 custom Woodz
2012 A2K BB DW5
A2000 DW5 SS
Nike DE Pro 11.75
Kubota Slugger 13" KSN-X


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:32 pm 
Offline
Gold Glover
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:56 am
Posts: 1408
Location: Lexington, KY
Past:
Nolan Ryan
Ozzie Smith
Brooks Robinson
Craig Biggio
Jeff Bagwell
Old Hoss Radbourn (Ha ha, thanks, Twitter)

Present:
Ben Zobrist
Jordan Lyles
J.R. Towles
Evan Longoria
Jack Cust
Michael Cuddyer
Logan Morrison
Curtis Granderson (Pre-Yankees)
Brian Wilson
JB Shuck
Matt Moore (Was super-nice in Bowling Green in '09)

Up-And-Coming: (Still in Minors)
Mike Kvasnicka (Astros)

_________________
If you all have nothing else better to do, check out my Twitter page!
www.twitter.com/eFiveTweets


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:42 pm 
Offline
Gold Glover

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:20 pm
Posts: 1654
Location: Minneapolis, MN
E-Five wrote:
Past:
Nolan Ryan
Ozzie Smith
Brooks Robinson
Craig Biggio
Jeff Bagwell
Old Hoss Radbourn (Ha ha, thanks, Twitter)

Present:
Ben Zobrist
Jordan Lyles
J.R. Towles
Evan Longoria
Jack Cust
Michael Cuddyer
Logan Morrison
Curtis Granderson (Pre-Yankees)
Brian Wilson
JB Shuck
Matt Moore (Was super-nice in Bowling Green in '09)

Up-And-Coming: (Still in Minors)
Mike Kvasnicka (Astros)


Mike Kvasnicka! Gopher pride!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:12 pm 
Offline
Gold Glover
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:41 am
Posts: 1106
Location: Central Texas
goldy the gopher wrote:
Past: The one and only Kirby Puckett. An absolute legend, and a better person than player.


I have nothing to say to anyone about liking Kirby Puckett as a player, but to say he is a better person than player I just HAVE to comment on. He was charged with false imprisonment (adult kidnapping), assault and sexual misconduct against a women. Yes......He may have been aquitted, but so was O.J.

Just sayin'

_________________
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/ThugHunter247/IMG_4644-1.jpg[/IMG]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:16 pm 
Offline
Gold Glover
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:41 am
Posts: 1106
Location: Central Texas
I would've said Jeter a couple months ago, but anyone who dumps Minka Kelly because her stardum is becoming too big is just nutty, not to mention not a very classy move. Maybe there was more to it, but that's the reason that's being reported. IMO, Derek Jeter needs a psych evaluation.

Needless to say, I don't have a favorite player. They're all in it for the money, just like all of us are in OUR jobs for the money.

_________________
[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/ThugHunter247/IMG_4644-1.jpg[/IMG]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:43 am
Posts: 24
Past: Clemente. He's been so mythologized it's kind of hard to remember what he was like just as a ballplayer, but he was fun to watch.

Mattingly gets honorable mention. Shame his back gave out on him. In his prime he was incredible.

Present:
Cano
M. Rivera
Pedroia
Cliff Lee
Halladay
Jose Reyes
Brian Wilson


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:43 pm 
Offline
Gold Glover
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:56 am
Posts: 1408
Location: Lexington, KY
I want to add one more to my list of current players, Brandon Guyer. The kid has no particular tool that stands out, but, he plays hard-nosed and with no regard for his personal safety. Just the type of player I like!

_________________
If you all have nothing else better to do, check out my Twitter page!
www.twitter.com/eFiveTweets


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 422
I knew the Rays didn't have a chance at winning the World Series this year because they had Ben Zobrist hitting cleanup. You're one of the only people in the world that would list him under favorite players, and it's just because you kinda know him.

Favorite Players: Barry Bonds & Manny Ramirez


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:17 am
Posts: 133
Past:
Cal Ripken Jr. (i dont know why, but I was obsessed with Cal from the moment I started playing ball in the mid 90s)
Nomar (believe it or not I hated him when he was on the sox but loved him for the cubs, and im a sox fan)


Present:
Justin Upton (love the Dbacks and love the swing)
Dustin Pedroia (there is something about someone being told he cant and shoving in their faces)
Gordan Beckham (big college baseball fan so really loved to watch him play, struggled the last year but he has a lot of talent)
Tim Lincecum and Buster Posey (talked to both these guys when they were in college playing summerball in the cape league, real down to earth guys who really love the game)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:40 am 
Offline
Gold Glover
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:56 am
Posts: 1408
Location: Lexington, KY
rproulx86 wrote:
I knew the Rays didn't have a chance at winning the World Series this year because they had Ben Zobrist hitting cleanup. You're one of the only people in the world that would list him under favorite players, and it's just because you kinda know him.


Tell this to all the people I saw in Tampa (Not just at the Trop, around town, too) with Zobrist, ZoRilla, or #18 shirts/jerseys.

You, as a Giants fan, should know not to base things on who's hitting where, because it was thought they didn't have the offense, either, and the Giants won it all last season.

Not trying to chew you out, just trying to figure out what makes you say that.

_________________
If you all have nothing else better to do, check out my Twitter page!
www.twitter.com/eFiveTweets


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:37 pm
Posts: 178
As a long time Yankees fan, my all time favorite, hands down, is Mickey Mantle. Of the current Yankees, as much as I admire Jeter, Rivera and Cano, I really like Brett Gardner. He is a tough, gritty, balls-out type of player that the Yanks don't have enough of. Unfortunately, he gets yanked around a lot by his manager. Bat him lead-off, and leave him alone. He's also one of the top defensive outfielders in the game.

_________________
Rawlings XPG6


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 130
Ty Cobb


Mike Young/Longo/Tulo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Favorite player???
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:00 pm
Posts: 422
E-Five wrote:
You, as a Giants fan, should know not to base things on who's hitting where, because it was thought they didn't have the offense, either, and the Giants won it all last season.


I'm not a Giants fan & I didn't want them to win last year.


Top
 Profile  
 


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Mods Database :: Reset blocks

phpBB SEO
Portal XL 5.0 ~ Plain 0.2
Create a Forum | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Report the forum