WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM
http://glove-works.getforum.org/

Announcers
http://glove-works.getforum.org/announcers-t6910.html
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ndd [ Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Announcers

I had to watch my beloved Rangers on Fox today. Tim McCarver is the worst announcer I have ever heard.

Author:  Tweener510 [ Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

ndd wrote:
I had to watch my beloved Rangers on Fox today. Tim McCarver is the worst announcer I have ever heard.


This is a fact, not up for discussion. Whenever he's broadcasting I spend the whole game face-palming.

Author:  ndd [ Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

It's confirmed. McCarver is the worst ever. he wanted Detroit to win so bad - tough luck Bucko.

Author:  goldy the gopher [ Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

ndd wrote:
It's confirmed. McCarver is the worst ever. he wanted Detroit to win so bad - tough luck Bucko.



I think Ron Darling is worse. When the twins and tigers played a 163 a few seasons ago, he was pulling for detroit soooo bad.

Author:  E-Five [ Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

Tweener510 wrote:
ndd wrote:
I had to watch my beloved Rangers on Fox today. Tim McCarver is the worst announcer I have ever heard.


This is a fact, not up for discussion. Whenever he's broadcasting I spend the whole game face-palming.


x2

I strongly dislike McCarver...

Author:  rdodson [ Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:19 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

TM is bad. I would love to hear Victor Rojas and Francona be a regular couple in the booth. Victor is so smooth calling the game, and TF was great sitting in the first couple of games in the Texas/Detroit series.

Author:  PEETHOOK [ Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

E-five,
At least your Rangers are going to the World Series. Congrats! Tim McCarver has probably been at it too long, although old-timers like me appreciate his ability to reference some of the all-time greats, such as Gibson. Good luck against the Cardinals.

Author:  mattingly [ Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

McCarver......... whiny, out of touch, and will take the broadcast to the ends of the Earth in order to make his point.
Buck...... never has a broadcaster been so in enamored with the sound of his own voice, or himself in general..... reminds me of Niles Crane from Frasier.

Author:  E-Five [ Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

PEETHOOK wrote:
E-five,
At least your Rangers are going to the World Series. Congrats! Tim McCarver has probably been at it too long, although old-timers like me appreciate his ability to reference some of the all-time greats, such as Gibson. Good luck against the Cardinals.


I was just referencing the "x2" to my distaste for McCarver. However, I'd rather the Rangers win than the Cardinals. I just have to console myself, a Rays and Astros fan, that there's no Philly and no Yankees.

Author:  aander10 [ Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

McCarver is painful to listen to. That's why Deion Sanders is my hero (remember that?)!
And Buck couldn't be any more smug. Can't stand him.
Mute it and turn on the radio!

Author:  nedflanders [ Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:19 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Announcers

McCarver is the worst. He states the obvious all the time. Oh how I miss the days of listening to Harry Caray! Now he was an entertaining broadcaster (not necessarily the best, but definitely entertaining to listen to). My favorite moment has to be when some Cub botched a play and Harry simply said "Ah Cripes!" with utter disgust in his voice. The tone of the voice was everything.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/