WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Suggestions Regarding Influx of Members
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 pm 

Can we make more stickies and can we have an auto-reply to new members encouraging using search before posting and reading some of the guides initially?

Another thing thats been coming is the "This vs. That" discussion. New sub forum under MGD. "Buying help- include models in title"

All i can think of for the moment. Let me know what you think. With the great influx of users, it would be nice to clean the DB and have some pertinent info in more accessible places making search more useful/ efficient. I'll see what I can clean up/ merge in the Rawlings forum.

** Please recycle threads by using search via google before posting.

Last edited by Hrking4675 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Suggestions Regarding Influx of Members
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:05 pm 
Gold Glover

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:22 pm 

Appreciate you listing me under glove relacing, HR. My website is http://www.glovedoctor.net

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 pm 

Please include me in the glove relacing section

www.gloveguy.us

Thank you.........

JC

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:32 am 
Site Administrator

Jason all good points and I will take these into consideration. An auto e-mail to newly registered users is a wonderful idea.

As it relates to advertising and promotion, that is something that will be availabe via the new signature option.

http://www.glove-works.com
Your source for Professional Baseball Glove/Mitt relacing, restoration
and Glove sales.

"Home of "the Works"
"It's a whole nutha level"

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:46 pm 

Guess I'm part of the problem - I'm new and my first post was a "this vs that." (Pretend there's a smiley here; I don't do smileys...).

I certainly am not going to add much to the expertise I've seen on this board, but I want to be here anyway.

Perhaps many like me would not clutter up the membership or postings if the guest could be granted search capability. If there's a downside to this that I'm not seeing, the so be it.

In my case, I can tell you I've been lurking here for a while, referred from another baseball board, but then felt I needed some advice quickly and that prompted my registration and initial "this vs that" post.

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:00 pm 
Site Administrator

42BringTowel wrote:
Guess I'm part of the problem - I'm new and my first post was a "this vs that." (Pretend there's a smiley here; I don't do smileys...).

I certainly am not going to add much to the expertise I've seen on this board, but I want to be here anyway.

Perhaps many like me would not clutter up the membership or postings if the guest could be granted search capability. If there's a downside to this that I'm not seeing, the so be it.

In my case, I can tell you I've been lurking here for a while, referred from another baseball board, but then felt I needed some advice quickly and that prompted my registration and initial "this vs that" post.

I personally have NO issue with questions, since I believe there are no stupid questions...there are however the ocassional stupid answers. The forum seems to be growing in popularity at a rapid rate and I don't want to do anything to discourage anyone from asking questions or seek advice.

The forum isn't perfect, but we have some incredible resources and knowledgeable folks. We'll continue to do our best (time permitting) to continuously improve the board making it more user friendly.

Enjoy!

http://www.glove-works.com
Your source for Professional Baseball Glove/Mitt relacing, restoration
and Glove sales.

"Home of "the Works"
"It's a whole nutha level"

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:48 am 

wake wrote:
42BringTowel wrote:

I personally have NO issue with questions, since I believe there are no stupid questions...there are however the ocassional stupid answer. The forum seems to be growing in popularity at a rapid rate and I don't want to do anything to discourage anyone from asking questions or seek advice.

The forum isn't perfect, but we there are some incredible resources and knowledgeable folks. We'll continue to do our best (time permitting) to continuously improve the board making it more user friendly.

Enjoy!

100% agree with this. No question can be stupid. Remember, if someone posts here, they took time out of their lives to post. I think they deserve a good answer.

2 cents

FEVB

Pro Preferred Custom PRO200-1
HOH PRORV23

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:00 pm 

I definitely enjoy looking through the this vs that's but they get mixed up through the MGD/ Glove Makers/ Other sections.

I think it's definitely time to make a category for this one and kind of reset parameters for the other topics.

What do y'all think about under the Rawlings, Wilson, Mizuno, Nokona sections being maintained as info on patterns, leathers, materials, company info and pretty much anything unrelated to buying help.

Have a second section for buying help for all of the "which should I buy" and "A2000 vs PP vs HOH vs Classic" questions.

** Please recycle threads by using search via google before posting.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:39 pm 

Hrking4675 wrote:
Another thing thats been coming is the "This vs. That" discussion. New sub forum under MGD. "Buying help- include models in title"

Have always agreed with this, plus we've had a lot of it generally. Not a bad idea..especially after baseballstar06 (I don't mean to point you out, it just sparked this idea back up in my head from this particular thread)'s post for a P/3B glove.
But instead of having TPX, Akadema, Vinci, Spalding, Made in Mexico, and Glovesmith all in individual subforums, merge 'em into "Other Manufacturers," just like what other members have suggested in the past. This way, we don't have eight total subforums (including the This vs That subforum if approved), we would have three instead.
Something like:
-Other Brands
-GW Price-Guide
-What should I get/This vs That

Just my $0.02

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 am 

That's a great idea jason, I know when I first joined I asked simple questions and didn't know how to use th search. The big stickies really helped me as a new memeber understand what the forum was all about

Rawlings USA custom 1150 2011