WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: MINE Bats
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:53 pm 

Hey guys - thought I would share a couple pictures of a couple of MINE bats that came in today. VERY nice looking, good feeling sticks. Can't wait to hit some baseballs with these. These are EUROPEAN BEECH wood bats, and if you haven't felt a ball whistle off one, you are missing out.

Post subject: Re: MINE Bats
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:55 pm 

Great looking bats. Are you a fan of the huge nob, as seen on the black bat?

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:00 pm 

they look great gabby, any word on the forum discount code? i'm curious enough to possibly try one out for myself

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:20 pm 

baseknocks22 wrote:
Great looking bats. Are you a fan of the huge nob, as seen on the black bat?

Not really, never swung with the big knob. I may end up liking it, just wanted the thicker handle. I'm getting different styles of bats so people can try them out. I do like the Potenza - the natural colored one. It feels a lot like a C-243 with it's thinner handle and big barrel. I am told that the bats are "inspired" by the profiles such as M110, P72, etc. but are not identical. For instance their M110 profile has a thinner handle than the actual M110. A little tape fixed that right up and if felt amazing Friday night.

I sent in my W9 last week, and am expecting my contract this week. After that, I am going to turn in some orders and get to work. I am told I am going to get a code to pass on to friends that will have a 10% discount, so I will hook you guys up.

Also, when you order off the website - check out the "Back That Bat Up" warranty option. What other bat company will warranty their bats! (of course, MINE bats can break - but check it out....http://minebats.com/insurance).

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:36 pm 

cool Gabby, i'm really intrigued by MINE and am considering grabbing one for myself. I'll wait for the forum discount code for now.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:42 pm 

vespr wrote:
cool Gabby, i'm really intrigued by MINE and am considering grabbing one for myself. I'll wait for the forum discount code for now.

I was intrigued as well, almost two years ago when I first heard of them and got one of their bats. I got even more excited when I learned they had ramped up operations here in the States, as they have been here for 6-7 months. They have a unique product because the species of wood they use is not easy for the big companies to work with.

I can't wait until you feel the difference. Cross your fingers for the MLB approval to go smooth, this could get big.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:59 pm 

OK guys, anyone wanting to get their MINE bat - go to the website (http://www.minebats.com) and enter the coupon code "gabe10" for your 10% discount.

Please, just send me a PM letting me know you ordered!

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:31 pm 

My son received his MINE bat and really likes it. Wanted to hit it during our recent playoff travel game. Feels like it has good pop. I still opted for him to hit his Marucci since there is almost zero vibration on off center hits.

I'm pleased with the MINE bat and I'll be ordering more. Current bat collection in rotation as well. I shared a bat with the team when I was a kid :roll:

The finish on the MINE is interesting. Almost feels a little rubbery. But nice and fairly grippy. The Rawlings Pro Preferred is sanded down on the handle so much that it's slick. Definitely need pine tar or surfboard wax to keep the bat from flying out of your hands.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm 

Glad you (and your son) like it! The "Soft Touch" finish is very interesting. I still use a Mota Stick (pine tar) for grip. After hitting with it for a while, it will look like it is "delaminating," similar to an ash bat - but don't fret! It won't flake like ash, it actually is a bit advantageous for topspin/carry.

Enjoy the bat, and remember to use the coupon code next time you order!

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:32 pm 

Hey Gabby, Did you find out if they can do the custom knobs? thanks

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:12 pm 

I'm definitely ordering one of these but I can't decide on if I should get the 271, P72, or the 243... What would you recommend?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:56 pm 

C_Gill95 wrote:
I'm definitely ordering one of these but I can't decide on if I should get the 271, P72, or the 243... What would you recommend?

Hmm. Remember, these bats are "inspired" by the popular models of bats. I have found the POTENZA model is a lot like the C243 (thinner handle, bigger barrel). I think the VENEZIA is more of a hybrid of M110/C271, and a great bat with a thin/medium barrel and thin handle. I have an older MINE CAPRI model (their version of the P72) and I want to wait until my sample comes in before I comment on that one.

Brian - as of now, no - they don't do custom knobs (not that I know about, anyways). BUT, MINE is constructing another new website, and there will be more custom options like engraving and expedited shipping. I will ask about the custom knobs and customizable bats.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:42 pm 
Gold Glover

I emailed them asking for a shipping quote and they got back to me very quickly (most companies never got back to me about shipping), but unfortunately it was $115 in shipping for one bat. Now if only an Australian company could make decent bats! Maybe i should talk to kookaburra about making me a baseball bat :lol:

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:39 pm 

lindz1817 wrote:
I emailed them asking for a shipping quote and they got back to me very quickly (most companies never got back to me about shipping), but unfortunately it was $115 in shipping for one bat. Now if only an Australian company could make decent bats! Maybe i should talk to kookaburra about making me a baseball bat :lol:

Wow! That is probably from Italy - as they still turn and finish the bats there. I wonder if they could ship for less from the US?

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:01 pm 

Got my sample kid (5-6 bats) in today, will post some pics and add some comments.