WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Small Bat Companies
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:06 pm 

Hey guys, I'm looking for some wood bats to use in summer ball, and would like to try some of the smaller companies around the country. I know that there are a ton of them out there, and was hoping some of you could direct me to some.

I find that smaller companies tend to take more pride in their products (not always the case) rather than brands like Marucci that are pumping out bad bats and slapping a huge price tag on them. Anyways, please let me know of some small companies that make quality bats. Thank You

Post subject: Re: Small Bat Companies
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:58 pm 

Here is my favorite. Davy Jones Bats. I wrote a review of my experience with them somewhere on this forum. Highly recommended.

http://davyjonesbats.com/

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:12 pm 

I'll shoot you a text about Zinger Bats, hometown bat company with a few MiLB & MLB players using them.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:11 pm 

I agree with 3B24... got a chance to swing some Davy Jones bats this spring, and they're very good people turning out a very good product.
They make a very cool +3 training bat, as well.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:44 pm 

Ive always wanted to try a bullet bat because of their cheap customs for all woods.

Beaver bats and Good Wood bats look good too.

Someone on here has a good wood bat.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:50 pm 

Checkout Sandlot Sticks out of CHico, CA. Great bats and they also offer a European Beech bat that feels amazing. Truly unlike anything else I've ever swung.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:10 am 

I have the good wood very very solid maple. He hand marks the weight on the cupped end. Mine reads 32 inch 30.2 ounces 9-14-13. Might put pics up later.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:03 pm 

Exactly the feed back i was looking for. Thanks for the input. 3B24, your post on the Davy Jones bats are what got me interested in these companies. I'll check them out for sure.

Unread postPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 7:02 pm 

SISU bats...www.sisubaseball.com
Birch, Maple or ash . Great bats, professional quality wood.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 pm 

Dukcaln wrote:
Checkout Sandlot Sticks out of CHico, CA. Great bats and they also offer a European Beech bat that feels amazing. Truly unlike anything else I've ever swung.

On Dunkain's recommendation, ordered a Sandlot Sticks' C8 for my son who's red shirting playing in a spring league.
Been trying to replace his favorite model after a fallout with my local "small but big MLB producing" manufacture for about two years.
So far, this has been the "best feel" of all the ones he's gone through with the end-loaded weight distribution.
Started off with the HDX wood as a sample but looking at the Beech now (he's been swinging Birch for about 3 years). Worked Tee and soft toss last week so some more this week with actual BP for games on the weekend.
Just looked at their website and prices went up 15% over the weekend so you may want to talk to Chris about the forum for a possible discount.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:22 am 

Moren025 wrote:
Dukcaln wrote:

On Dunkain's recommendation, ordered a Sandlot Sticks' C8 for my son who's red shirting playing in a spring league.
Been trying to replace his favorite model after a fallout with my local "small but big MLB producing" manufacture for about two years.
So far, this has been the "best feel" of all the ones he's gone through with the end-loaded weight distribution.
Started off with the HDX wood as a sample but looking at the Beech now (he's been swinging Birch for about 3 years). Worked Tee and soft toss last week so some more this week with actual BP for games on the weekend.
Just looked at their website and prices went up 15% over the weekend so you may want to talk to Chris about the forum for a possible discount.

I love the C8 model, that's my personal favorite of their models and Ive swung most of them. Where's your son playing? I noticed the jump in prices but I still think they're worth it, they have some great wood. I got a chance to swing the beech and that was amazing, but very expensive if you were to buy one.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:04 pm 

[/quote]I love the C8 model, that's my personal favorite of their models and Ive swung most of them. Where's your son playing? I noticed the jump in prices but I still think they're worth it, they have some great wood. I got a chance to swing the beech and that was amazing, but very expensive if you were to buy one.[/quote]

Long story short, he bounced back and red shirting at Fullerton JC playing in a red shirt spring league. Looks like I'll be picking up another (always have to have the spare). Let see if they'll honor the previous price but will be considering the beech if he stays with them.