WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: 2014: New website and new glove models
Unread postPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:24 am 

Our new website is now completed! Take a look: http://www.CarpenterTrade.com If you've visited the old website in the past you may need to clear your browser cache by clicking "refresh" as it may contain old pieces of code from previous versions.

We are continuing to do our sales through eBay for now. The good news is that we have increased our production to about one glove every week. This is much more than what we've done in the past. While we sometimes grab attention, and unfortunately scare some people away, from the occasional high auction prices that we've been getting, there are still relatively lower prices to be found now with our higher production if you follow long enough. If you want a convenient way to track our eBay sales you can sign up for our weekly eBay newsletter.

We have catcher mitts available now for the first time. Our new outfield model that we introduced last year has been getting great reviews, including here on the GW forum. We've added a lot of new materials this year that are enhancing our gloves. If you've followed our progression over the years, you know that we are always innovating. Our unique process of making every glove cut by hand and customizing everything allows us to continually tweak our designs and improve our performance. I often feel that the best glove that I have ever made was the last glove that I made.

Check out our new social social media! Let us know what you think of the new website and our new glove models.

Scott

Post subject: Re: 2014: New website and new glove models
Unread postPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 11:59 am 

Nice job with the updated site Scott...looks great!

The craftsmanship and time put into the thumb guards is really impressive!

I will own a Carpenter one day :!:

-Mark

Unread postPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:59 pm 

Thanks Mark. Doing the video was fun. We wanted to show all the craftsmanship involved in our unique process. We decided we couldn't reveal our glove making secrets so we showed the thumb guard process instead. The concept is the same: we tailor our gloves to an exact fit for every segment of every finger.

Here are two recent thumb guards that we made for Yankees top prospect Gary Sanchez:

Unread postPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 7:43 am 

Congratulations on these big steps with your company, Scott. The website and gloves look terrific. The expanded ordering process is great news for consumers, even those of us who still find the winning bid prices a bit out of reach.

A couple of questions:

1. Does your shop in Cooperstown have any front area where people can come in and look at and maybe handle your gloves?

2. Do you still offer molding of the glove hand, or are the detailed measurements on the order form your only way of customizing fit?

Thanks! Best wishes for continued success.

Mark
Ithaca, NY

Unread postPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:53 am 

Thanks for the comments Mark.

We use to have a storefront in Cooperstown and we got swamped with baseball tourist that wanted to hang out all day, ask a million questions, and not buy anything. We wanted to focus on developing highly crafted gloves and not be selling souvenirs and providing entertainment, so we switched to a private workshop that isn't open to the public. I sometimes make exceptions. If I know someone is a GW forum member and if my schedule allows the time, then I will sometimes meet at a park to play catch with one of my gloves.

We very rarely do hand castings anymore and it's not something that we offer. After doing many castings in the past we now have a large library of different hand castings in all sizes that we can pull from. So we can find an approximate hand casting in our library and then we can further alter that to adjust for different finger lengths, widths, and preferences.