WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Steerhide RV50
Unread postPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:42 am 

Like many on here, I mostly stick with the tried & true USA HOHs and Mizuno Pro Limiteds, but I'll occasionally give another brand a go. I've tried a couple of Vincis and the results have been mixed.. I didn't like the Limited line at all, but the Custom Pro Kip gloves are pretty solid. However, I also noticed they had a couple of Custom Pro models on their site made from a 6oz. steerhide ..I contacted one of the reps and he told me that it was a special run of leather they got in limited supply and it was no longer available for new gloves. They did not have any patterns/sizes I liked but one of the reps tracked down a 12.5" black H-web RV50 prototype. I received the glove a couple of days ago and I have to say that the leather is great ..much better than any other Vinci I've tried. It feels exactly like my black Horween gloves and I'd be very surprised if the leather didn't come from there ..actual measurement is 12" and it is super stiff, well constructed and a has a great shape. It seems a little heavy, but the leather and quality is right up there with any glove I've owned ..definitely would recommend this one..