WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board



WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:15 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Saint Paul, MN
I will start off this forum with an easy post.


Do you play softball?

What level and association?

What position?

_________________
- Matt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 82
Location: No. Cal
Yes.

Currently just city league ASA B/C levels w/ an occasional tournament at the C/D level.

Mostly second base.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:34 pm
Posts: 613
No. Not until I hit my 50's... lol...

_________________
Oh snap !!! A-Rod is trollin' the Glove Works Forum...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:15 pm
Posts: 231
Location: Saint Paul, MN
I guess I should reply to my own thread.

Yes.

USSSA C and D

LF or LC

_________________
- Matt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:31 pm 
Offline
Gold Glover
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:56 am
Posts: 1408
Location: Lexington, KY
Will be soon

ASA

Wherever I'm put! (Will probably ride the bench to start off with, mainly because I am a part time worker and this is a company team dominated with ful time players.) 3rd is my primary position (If the name didn't give that away), but I don't particularly care where I play.

_________________
If you all have nothing else better to do, check out my Twitter page!
www.twitter.com/eFiveTweets


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:18 pm
Posts: 56
nope. Baseball only.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:21 pm
Posts: 386
Softball game called 3 Pitch. Completely rec. league where we do our best to abide by Chief Wiggum's rules for softball... er., sloshball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 pm 
Offline
Site Administrator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:05 pm
Posts: 3286
Location: Lakes Region
Any chance your nickname might be the reason you'd ride the bench? Sorry, couldn't resist man! :D

E-Five wrote:
Will be soon

ASA

Wherever I'm put! (Will probably ride the bench to start off with, mainly because I am a part time worker and this is a company team dominated with ful time players.) 3rd is my primary position (If the name didn't give that away), but I don't particularly care where I play.

_________________
Wake
Site Administrator

http://www.glove-works.com
Your source for Professional Baseball Glove/Mitt relacing, restoration
and Glove sales.

"Home of "the Works"
"It's a whole nutha level"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 pm 
Offline
Gold Glover
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:56 am
Posts: 1408
Location: Lexington, KY
wake wrote:
Any chance your nickname might be the reason you'd ride the bench? Sorry, couldn't resist man! :D

E-Five wrote:
Will be soon

ASA

Wherever I'm put! (Will probably ride the bench to start off with, mainly because I am a part time worker and this is a company team dominated with ful time players.) 3rd is my primary position (If the name didn't give that away), but I don't particularly care where I play.


That comes with the territory with having that username. Don't worry about it. 8-)

_________________
If you all have nothing else better to do, check out my Twitter page!
www.twitter.com/eFiveTweets


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 am
Posts: 249
Yep. I play ASA and USSSA. Usually lower levels, C/D/EE(ASA). Fill in for 3 teams(C/D). Play EE.

Typically, OF and depends on the team I am playing with. I am average everywhere and not great anywhere. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:27 am
Posts: 271
Location: VA
I play in a local rec league, we can use any wood bat or the single wall aluminum bats provided by the league. I usually catch or play right center. Numerous players from the Rockingham County Baseball League play in our league as well, so it's not just a bunch of fat old guys trying to play (except me maybe :mrgreen: ).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:08 pm
Posts: 82
Location: No. Cal
escort1991 wrote:
Yep. I play ASA and USSSA. Usually lower levels, C/D/EE(ASA). Fill in for 3 teams(C/D). Play EE.

Typically, OF and depends on the team I am playing with. I am average everywhere and not great anywhere. :lol:



I think the levels you play at are determined by how big of a pond you play in. I bet my B & C city league levels
would be more comparable to lower levels in larger areas. It doesn't matter where I play because I can still hang with pretty darn good players without embarrassing myself. When my kid finally figures out I'm not all world I will be bummed though.

By the way, thanks for your input on the Vinci gloves. I'm still considering models, especially the BR44 for some reason. Can't find much info on it though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:01 pm
Posts: 23
Cuda13 wrote:
escort1991 wrote:
Yep. I play ASA and USSSA. Usually lower levels, C/D/EE(ASA). Fill in for 3 teams(C/D). Play EE.

Typically, OF and depends on the team I am playing with. I am average everywhere and not great anywhere. :lol:



I think the levels you play at are determined by how big of a pond you play in. I bet my B & C city league levels
would be more comparable to lower levels in larger areas. It doesn't matter where I play because I can still hang with pretty darn good players without embarrassing myself. When my kid finally figures out I'm not all world I will be bummed though.

By the way, thanks for your input on the Vinci gloves. I'm still considering models, especially the BR44 for some reason. Can't find much info on it though.

Get a Wilson A2000 ELO-B. You won't regret it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:27 am
Posts: 271
Location: VA
B17surf wrote:
Get a Wilson A2000 ELO-B. You won't regret it.


X2

That's the glove I use and I really like it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do you play softball?
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 12:38 pm
Posts: 45
I play softball!

Play in 2 leagues in So.Calif.. Both lower leagues.

Play outfield(LC,RC or RF)

Use an older Spalding Tournament Plus glove 13" I found on eBay.

KV


Top
 Profile  
 


Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Mods Database :: Reset blocks

phpBB SEO
Portal XL 5.0 ~ Plain 0.2
Create a Forum | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Report the forum