WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Any 'Insider Info' on Spring Training?
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:03 pm 

My brothers and I are finally living out a dream and heading to spring training together in Arizona in March. Does anyone have any advice on how to make the most of the time? Not so interested in things like getting autographs. Very interested in getting a close up look at practice, BP, etc...and maybe even run into a Rawlings glove rep haha (I assume thats not possible). Anyway, anything from good spots to watch BP to good spots to eat would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Any 'Insider Info' on Spring Training?
Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:14 am 

Lets keep this as active as possible, I will also be there in March and was about to ask the same questions here! Please, anyone with info, help some brothers out.

Unread postPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:55 pm 

I went in 2011/2012 both were great times, and hoping to make it this year as well. I'm a Cubs fan so excited to check out the new facilities.

I find show up early and hang out down the foul line for your team and you can get REALLY close, and engage them while they warm up.

Always get a seat behind home plate, all the scouts are there, its great listening to their banter and picking up info on players from a perspective I never hear, and they have some great stories.

Find out which restaurant/bar is place were most of the players hang out afterwards for your team, eat there, from the play by play guys to the manager are all very accessible, be polite and respectful (I know you're all adults and don't need to hear it but for others of course). Bring a camera, bring a camera, bring a camera ( I didn't my first year)

I wasn't into gloves at the time like I am now, so I didn't pay attention to any of the gear so sorry I can't help in that realm. Its a great time, enjoy!

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 am