WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: New guy
Unread postPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:01 pm 

Hey guys, just joined. I am about to enter my first year of college baseball as I am graduating this year from high school. I've been using an 11.25 pro mesh HOH for the past two years and feel I need a new glove. I like how lite the glove is, but was unimpressed by the durability. I was considering purchasing the same glove or an 11.25 superskin. The wilson looks more durable but seems heavier and right now I am still interested in a lite 11.25 inch glove like the rawlings. I was wondering if there is a difference in the weight or quality of these two gloves and what suggestions you have for me, thank you.

Post subject: Re: New guy
Unread postPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:24 pm 

Welcome to the club - and all the best in college. Work hard, hustle, and leave it all on the table. No regrets!

Not a big fan of mesh, but Wilson Super Skin isn't bad. Much better option, in my opinion. The Holy Grail of gloves if you are looking for light is a Carpenter Trade. Unmatched durability, performance, and impossible to find a lighter glove.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:44 pm 

Weight on most 11.25" is already pretty negligible. I wouldn't let the weight alone be your deciding factor. There are tons of great 11.25" gloves out there. Stick to a proven make/model like a Wilson A2000 or a Rawlings Heart of the Hide and you'll be set for the rest of college.

Depending on where you are going to school, a lot of programs will provide you with a glove or give you the option of ordering a glove at a discounted rate through one of their sponsors. I don't ever like to discourage someone from buying a new glove but it might be worth your time to wait until school starts to get a new glove.

Unread postPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:28 pm 

Thank you both for your opinions and your comments, I appreciate it. However, I am signed to a JUCO for the first year or two and then plan on transferring to a bigger school that will most likely have the glove discount options. The carpenter trade gloves are an interesting choice, but I've used both Wilson and Rawlings in the past and feel those will be my best options. I think ill give the superskin a go. Thanks again for your help and comments

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:43 am 

Hello I'm new member today, glad to meet you