WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Mizuno GGE 7V (VOP)
Unread postPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:28 am 

I've always been curious about these, but never actually had one. Then one popped up on the bay, newish (store model, or something like that) for about $100 bucks, so I grabbed it. It arrived, and I'm actually very impressed with it. I really like the feel of the leather. Seems like it breaks in quickly, but not as if its going to get floppy. Thumb and picky are rocks. Assumed I got a steal, then started searching eBay and seeing that they go for a lot less than I expected, and its not like they are all over the place. Small sample size, but still...are these things underrated, or am I setting myself up for disappointment? Anyone have any newer opinions than the old ones I've found here?

I could post pics, but you all know the glove...

Post subject: Re: Mizuno GGE 7V (VOP)
Unread postPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:19 am 

I cant comment on the 7V, but I bought my Son (14U) a 7EB with a custom lace job LHT, he prefers it more than the PRO Limited I picked out for him. He loves its E-LITE leather, the PRO LIMITED was too heavy for him to use as his gamer. He switched from his Little League's Rawlings G601SG to Mizuno and never went back. I do agree the leather is on the softer side, so I do expect him retiring it after this season. Will see, FYI, we paid $77 for it with the custom lace job from flea bay. See my post http://glove-works.getforum.org/custom-lace-job-gge-7eb-t16433.html for pics.

His choice for this season for OF were:

Rawlings PROS27T2T
Leather Head T-TLH 1275 (New)
Wilson A2K BB3OT6 (New)
Mizuno MZP84 Pro Limited
SPALDING 42005 PRO SELECT IHV

But he ultimately picked the Global Elite off my Gloves Rack .. Go Figure.

Post subject: Re: Mizuno GGE 7V (VOP)
Unread postPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 12:58 am 

Thanks for the reply - I've been playing a lot of couch catch with it...and warmed up with it yesterday before my game. seriously, i think its awesome. time will tell if it gets floppy, but i think it feel great. i don't know what it is, but even though its nearly game ready after little use, i really, really like it. thats not happened before.