WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Wilson Pro-Issue
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:50 pm 

I am new to the glove world. Just curious what the current Pro-Issue markings are? I have heard that if they are stamped Japan inside, is this correct? If true, are all gloves stamped Japan inside, Pro-Issue?

Post subject: Re: Wilson Pro-Issue
Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:38 pm 

Heather21de wrote:
I am new to the glove world. Just curious what the current Pro-Issue markings are? I have heard that if they are stamped Japan inside, is this correct? If true, are all gloves stamped Japan inside, Pro-Issue?

This question is a bit more complicated to answer than one would think.

Wilson a2000 - wilson's flagship brand - retail and customs made in vietnam ~ pro gloves made in japan (mij)

Wilson A2K - wilson's premiere brand - retail, customs, and pro gloves are all made in japan.

Gloves from 2011 spring training (wilson calls these 2012 models) and forward will be easy to see they are pro issue because on the exterior thumb palm side will only be a model number ie "1786", and on the inside thumb under the thumb strap will have the size and MIJ, retail and customs will include both model # and size on the exterior thumb palm side and will have MIJ for A2Ks and MIV for a2000s in a rip tag that hangs from the wrist strap. Any glove with a rip tag is a retail glove. Gloves from prior to 2011 are harder to differentiate from pro issue because of similar stamping, and sadly it often gets confused as being pro issue, I actually just made a post on my IG account calling out someone on eBay for posting a 2007 1788 as being pro issue when its just a retail model. (one i had owned previously no less!)

Hope this helps.

Post subject: Re: Wilson Pro-Issue
Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:13 pm 

PI A2000's from the last 5 or so years (maybe more) have the size and JAPAN stamped under the wrist strap. This is a PI 1786 I recently sold. Retail A2000's are made in Vietnam.