WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Looking for info on MLB HOH used gloves that I bought
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:09 am 

I purchased 3 PRO level 11.5 inch gloves that I am hoping to learn more about. I am new to the forum and have picked up some details from previous posting, but a few details still escape me. The gloves are all embroidered with Phil Dumatrait, who I learned was a LHP from the Bakersfield area and drafted in 2002 by the Red Sox. All are custom with Middle Finger pad and hood. Seems very unusual and I have found pictures of Phil on the web and can see this configuration on the glove he is wearing. Could even be one of these gloves...

1. PRO-SL4B - 2 dot with TP0302 inside wrist band, HOH Pro Lite in pocket, tan laces, a Pro mesh option and slightly different Rawlings and"R" insignia. Is the SL a Personalized Glove code? Do the tan laces mean that it was relaced?

2. PRO200-3JB - also 2 dot and TP0302 inside wrist band, Basket Web, and HOH in pocket. It also has a reinforced palm pad which is slightly dry/cracked. I learned that the "J" means Japanese and noticed an extra set of laces on the front and back of the finger tips. Was this ordered from Japan or purchased in Japan? Is this good or bad?

3. PROPL4BS - this model number was very hard to see, but I think I got it right. It has some form of mesh on the backside of the fingers, HOH Pro Lite in pocket, sewn-on "The Gold Glove Co." insignia and BKBC date code on the little finger, which I cannot decode.

Post subject: Re: Looking for info on MLB HOH used gloves that I bought
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 am 

pics would be very helpful. Letters in the model #s meant different things at different times.
Any laces can be issued with any color leather.
These sound like pro issue gloves with Phils personal taste/choices customized.
In this instance, maybe the L in the #s means lite? as only the pro lite ones seem to have it.
Back in the early 00's before Pro Preferred some pros used the pro lite or gold glove lines as another option to HOH.
Im missing the big question here however and thats exactly what did you want to know? What the model #'s mean?
Aside from that, for more opinions we'd prob need pics to assess.

dj_doyle wrote:
I purchased 3 PRO level 11.5 inch gloves that I am hoping to learn more about. I am new to the forum and have picked up some details from previous posting, but a few details still escape me. The gloves are all embroidered with Phil Dumatrait, who I learned was a LHP from the Bakersfield area and drafted in 2002 by the Red Sox. All are custom with Middle Finger pad and hood. Seems very unusual and I have found pictures of Phil on the web and can see this configuration on the glove he is wearing. Could even be one of these gloves...

1. PRO-SL4B - 2 dot with TP0302 inside wrist band, HOH Pro Lite in pocket, tan laces, a Pro mesh option and slightly different Rawlings and"R" insignia. Is the SL a Personalized Glove code? Do the tan laces mean that it was relaced?

2. PRO200-3JB - also 2 dot and TP0302 inside wrist band, Basket Web, and HOH in pocket. It also has a reinforced palm pad which is slightly dry/cracked. I learned that the "J" means Japanese and noticed an extra set of laces on the front and back of the finger tips. Was this ordered from Japan or purchased in Japan? Is this good or bad?

3. PROPL4BS - this model number was very hard to see, but I think I got it right. It has some form of mesh on the backside of the fingers, HOH Pro Lite in pocket, sewn-on "The Gold Glove Co." insignia and BKBC date code on the little finger, which I cannot decode.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:39 am 

Yes, I am looking for more information on the model and perhaps a value. What does the SL represent on Glove 1?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:35 am 

ImageImage
ImageYour browser does not support drag'n'drop file uploads.Please use the fallback form below to upload your files like in the olden days.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:05 pm 

Glove #2 PRO200-3JB. Is being a Japanese glove with double lacing good or bad? Forget to get pix of finger lacing

ImageYour browser does not support drag'n'drop file uploads.Please use the fallback form below to upload your files like in the olden days.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 pm 

Glove #3 - cannot see model number in picture, but believe it to be PROPL4BS with Prolite in pocket. Does that model number make sense? What is date code for BKBC?

ImageYour browser does not support drag'n'drop file uploads.Please use the fallback form below to upload your files like in the olden days.Your browser does not support drag'n'drop file uploads.Please use the fallback form below to upload your files like in the olden days.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am 

well, heres the thing....
A gloves value can go by the player who used it...
In this case, the name on the glove IMO is the same as Joe Schmo being on the glove. Unless you get a PC collector - the name will most likely detract from value rather than help...sorry...
The second is glove issue. These are pro dept, so thats good. The bad, as you prob wont find someone who PC's him your best bet is finding a lefty whod want to use a pro dept. So, what kind of shape are the gloves in? can they be used? if they are in too rough shape to be used you are prob stuck selling them as game used... and we revert back to #1.
If they ARE in good shape, then you could prob find someone who wants to use a pro dept... but heres the kicker.... theyd need to be LHT.... SSSOOOO you audience went from everyone... to Fred essentially lol. LHT are always tough. Not so much if its game used gloves, but there needs to be an audience. A name LHT guy isnt an issue bc he'll have fans and collectors. Thats prob not the case here.
That said, the 1st one has those super pro lite labels. Maybe someone would want the glove to poach the labels? This glove may have a little more value for that reason but they arent old enough to draw in the USA crowd and maybe im missing something but the patterns arent exactly in demand/rare.
A boardie has a couple retail pro lites rht and new for a very reasonable price and they havent moved and Pro Lite never really caught on and people seemed to dislike them.
Sadly, there are a few strikes against these gloves.
No name pro used
name on the side
lht
pro lite
basket web
If they were fast back, theyd have all the negatives covered.
Id try $150 obo on the bay to see if you get any bites and if they sit maybe take an offer of $80-$100.
Just my thoughts, others may have differing ones and thats cool.
I like the gloves, I just dont think they are very valuable.