WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: "The" Rawlings Pattern of the Moment
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:47 pm 

I think I started buying/trading gloves back around 2001 or so and it seemed like on the Vintage Forum everything was about the PRO12TC(B) and PRO6HF's and grabbing up anything like a PRO1000HC/PRO200HC if it was still Made in the USA. Then it seemed to shift over to the PROTROY had a hot streak in there and there were a few PROAK2's that were a flash in the pan too. I think things cooled off for a bit, but the RV23 and TT2 seem to be the "it" glove at the moment.

Can anyone think of anything else in there that fell into the "cant live without category?"

Post subject: Re: "The" Rawlings Pattern of the Moment
Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:35 pm 

DCT for softball 1st base.
Even though he wears Wilson, I'm hoping Daniel Norris creates the next trend of pitchers wearing H webs.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:37 pm 

I feel like the RV23 was the it glove not this spring, but the spring before.
Used ones were going for $350+
This continued until the jap tan ones came out and then everyone bought one.
Many people wanted them because they looked cool and didnt have the means of trying one out.
Everyone scooped up a new DMS one, and once they were in hand they realized it wasnt all they thought it was cracked up to be and a bit of a dump began.
Now I feel like most people who would want a version ( save pro dept) have been able to obtain the version they wanted and the hype has cooled down because people got to try it.
The single post dry black for example was $300 plus... now a great shape one on ebay has been there for a month at $185 and there it sits...
Of course, regardless of version - the fact that both black and tan can currently be purchased at retail as DMS has them in stock has a lot to do with it im sure.
The tt2 kinda killed the ak2 as the OG still carries some thump BUT now that the Canadian store has a tan horween with gold label exclusive and there are a TON of the GGC ones out there that could kill that as well.
I'd almost venture to guess what was hard to find back then is coming back around.
You just sold the only protroy i've seen in the past 2 yrs.
1000h's are ALWAYS loved and can go for $300 plus
Heck, even the last used 6hf went for $385 a month or two ago.
Hottest ticket nowadays would be something super limited or a rare USA version/pattern (rawlings wise) IMO of course :)

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:30 pm 

I couldn't find that RV23B for $185 on the bay.....

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:02 pm 

I agree with the DCT in the 1st base pattern - but depends on the web. Jason, you saw my "# web" (as I like to call it, since it's more than an "H web") custom PP DCT mitt. Has an insanely deep pocket, but the lacing is a trick. I had to really loosen the base of the web, since there is essentially TWO bases laced together to make the web work - as well as forming a pocket a real challenge. I guess you may have to see it to know what I'm talking about, but agree that the DCT is the best 1B pattern.

I really like the Pro200 pattern in general. I like the ability to round out a pocket, and the 200 promotes that.

As far as OF patterns go, I really like the CFC pattern - which we don't see anymore. Bob was nice enough to make me a PRO CFC, only it was with the soft dual-core leather. It has long fingers and a short, deep pocket. He said it was the same basic pattern as the TB24, only with a web instead of a Trap-Eze. I wonder if that pattern is still available in the custom program? A winner.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:53 pm 

that rv23b didnt sell again. The seller seems to wait a few days before relisting each time.
eBay item number:142080460267
Thats the last time it was up

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:44 pm 

Thanks and i sent you a pm

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:48 am 

bigmac25 wrote:
Many people wanted them because they looked cool [...] and once they were in hand they realized it wasnt all they thought it was cracked up to be and a bit of a dump began.

Agree with this. I was in the boat of people who thought they looked cool, and actually tried gaming one, and just couldn't make it work. I always felt like it was an infield glove that wanted so badly to be broken in 2 in pinky. I was even tempted again seeing the new Morton black ones. But I know I wouldn't use it. RV web on a 1000, on the other hand...

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:45 pm 

The mesh craze in 2007 was another good flash in the pan.