WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Bradley Baseball Gloves
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:39 pm 

http://bradleybaseballgloves.com

There is a new baseball glove out there that targets kids. Actually has patterns made to fit kids hands, with quality leather that is soft enough for kids to comfortably used. I've noticed a few good patterns from various companies in the past, but it's nice to see a company that is out there just for kids.

Got a hold of a few of their models (which are very nicely priced at $125 for their "Bandito Series" and "Next Play Series," and $150 for their "Next Level Series" geared for older kids closer to HS age), and I have to say that I am very impressed.

Check out their website above.

Post subject: Re: Bradley Baseball Gloves
Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:35 pm 

The pictures on their website look good. Can you do a review here when you have some time. Thanks.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:56 pm 

jchapman wrote:
The pictures on their website look good. Can you do a review here when you have some time. Thanks.

Absolutely! I got eight different demo models from the "Next Play Series". Until then, softer quality leather and patterns are more appropriate for smaller hands. I am very impressed, and the kids love them. More details later.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:56 pm 

More details, as promised.

These gloves are taking over my team. The kids absolutely love them. Have 3 outfielders who use the OF pattern gloves and remarkable improvement on balls popping out of the glove - it just doesn't happen anymore. I don't think it is a coincidence.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:31 pm 

This is the same guy who was a partner for Leatherhead right? These gloves come from the same place as Leatherhead which is the Inkojava factory in Indonesia. I have had multiple gloves from this factory... they are quite nice. I am surprised that he would compete so directly with Leatherhead even using the same factory.

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:16 am 

I recently had the good fortune of getting a Leatherhead glove from Paul. Based on the descriptions and reviews of the Bradley line, they are not intended to compete with the Leatherheads. As a matter of fact, there is no way I would put a Leatherhead on a nine, 10 or 11 year old player. I know the Bradleys come pretty close to game ready, have smaller finger stalls and softer leather. The LHs are the complete opposite. I haven't seen a Bradley in person, so I don't know what the internal structures are like.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:48 pm 

cfaboarder wrote:
I recently had the good fortune of getting a Leatherhead glove from Paul. Based on the descriptions and reviews of the Bradley line, they are not intended to compete with the Leatherheads. As a matter of fact, there is no way I would put a Leatherhead on a nine, 10 or 11 year old player. I know the Bradleys come pretty close to game ready, have smaller finger stalls and softer leather. The LHs are the complete opposite. I haven't seen a Bradley in person, so I don't know what the internal structures are like.

You are absolutely correct - Bradley is not designed to compete with Leatherhead as they focus on different markets. Besides the "Next Level" series (which is normal size gloves), Bradley targets youth players. The Bradley Glove lines (Bandito and Next Play series) are smaller patterns made for small hands with soft, quality leather. Very affordable at $125, and very functional as they are soft enough leather to literally play with out of the box.

They have true OF patterns, infield patterns and great mitts (Catcher and DCT-style 1B).

My kids love them, and they are almost all using Bradley gloves.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:17 pm 

And it appears the Leatherheads are going away- all remaining patterns and sizes are marked down on their web site.