WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: SSK MIJ glove questions. Probrain vs Proedge
Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:50 pm 

This is a question for SSK made in Japan gloves only. Are the Probrain gloves better than the Proedge gloves? I thought Proedge was just the newer and better version, but I am seeing prices for Probrain gloves higher than Proedge gloves which makes me think that they must be better. If they are I'd like to know.

I'm considering ordering a custom Proedge from swallow sports. I was going to try to buy a custom Mizuno Pro, but the ordering process looks too difficult unless I can figure out if I can use my Tenso account to have it shipped to Tenso and then forwarded to me. Or if I could find a Haga Crafted glove for sale I'd be ok with that too.

Post subject: Re: SSK MIJ glove questions. Probrain vs Proedge
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:12 pm 

YOU r rich man. Not anyone can afford a HAGA glove..but you can easily find some retails on RAKUTEN.

Maybe cuz the probrains r not manufactured any more so the price kinda go higher..
I don't really know about the new proedge, but in my opinion I still consider the probrain gloves are better because all the SSK gloves used by pros in japanese pro baseball league that I came across were probrains and the leather was fantastic.
and in the mizuno case, the M label ones r always better than the bird ones.
and probrains were used to be difficult to order one because you cannot order them online and have to go to SSK sponsored shop. BUT now you can no longer order one even you go to a SSK shop...just like the SLCS rawlings..

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:33 pm 

I don't think I'm rich. I'm just older, have a decent job and have no kids only a dog so I don't spend much money. My girlfriend doesn't like spending money either so I can spend it on baseball stuff and car stuff.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:08 am 

vegasf1 wrote:
I don't think I'm rich. I'm just older, have a decent job and have no kids only a dog so I don't spend much money. My girlfriend doesn't like spending money either so I can spend it on baseball stuff and car stuff.

That's a good way of life!
I will consider how to live my life when I get older..

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:11 am 

There's so many choices it's hard to decide which glove to get. I only buy what I need and don't collect gloves. This is probably my last 2 or 3 seasons left so I really want to go out with a bang. I'm using custom Rawlings PP Pro303 for the past 6 years and a Rawlings Pro 200 HOH for when I play second base. I mostly play outfield so that's the glove I'm looking to buy right now. I don't know if I will buy another infielder glove, but when you look at baseball sales sites, it makes you want to buy things you don't need. :) I used world win gloves between 83 and 90 I think. I loved those gloves, but I didn't like the newer world win gloves in the 90's so I started using Rawlings most of the time and a wilson here and there, but usually ended up selling them to friends who needed a glove to use for softball as more of us started to quit playing baseball.

My choices are Mizuno Pro Limited made in Japan only gloves and found some on rakuten, but they have the word tennis in them and when I check the mizuno japan site, it is the hardball glove and not the high school rubber ball glove so I don't know why it says that.

Then there's other brands, but I have never owned a SSK glove and swallow sports will do a custom proedge glove and I really really want a custom made in Japan glove so I can put my last name in Kanji on the thumb. It's something everyone living in Japan can add for many glove companies, but I have never had the chance to do it and now I think that is why I want a custom glove. There's other proedge and master built probrain gloves on swallow sports and rakuten and yahoo japan that I can order from, but I am leaning to the custom glove right now although the master built probrain PME67 glove is a glove I really love. I could buy more than one glove, but I have never been a collector and only buy what I need.

Buying a custom glove is so hard. There's so many good options. I like so many colors like black, med brown, orange, or black with red web and I like the dot leather back option too. It will probably take me a few weeks to decide.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:35 am 

I know the World win series just got awkward in late 90s and fell off the top and became a low-ended level glove and disappeared...sad..

I'm just wondering why many Americans choose to play softball instead of baseball.
u know in Japan, even when we grow older, baseball guys still play baseball, but of course, the rubber baseball to prevent injury because we have a job and a family to feed..

maybe it just a translation mistake or something.. I can check it for in Japanese if you need some help.

Kanji option is really a fantastic, Japan style thing. And since kanji is from china, Taiwan gloves can be emboidered with Knaji too I guess.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:21 pm 

kiyoka666 wrote:
I know the World win series just got awkward in late 90s and fell off the top and became a low-ended level glove and disappeared...sad..

I'm just wondering why many Americans choose to play softball instead of baseball.
u know in Japan, even when we grow older, baseball guys still play baseball, but of course, the rubber baseball to prevent injury because we have a job and a family to feed..

maybe it just a translation mistake or something.. I can check it for in Japanese if you need some help.

Kanji option is really a fantastic, Japan style thing. And since kanji is from china, Taiwan gloves can be emboidered with Knaji too I guess.

I think in America people play softball because not everyone played baseball like they do in Japan. In a way it's social thing. A way to get away from the wife and hang out with friends and have a few beers afterwards. There are people that play softball seriously, but most of my friends that play softball just like to have fun and see friends once a week away from their families.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:35 am 

vegasf1 wrote:
kiyoka666 wrote:

I think in America people play softball because not everyone played baseball like they do in Japan. In a way it's social thing. A way to get away from the wife and hang out with friends and have a few beers afterwards. There are people that play softball seriously, but most of my friends that play softball just like to have fun and see friends once a week away from their families.

Aha the social thing part is pretty much the same with us in Japan.
We play baseball with our colleagues to exchange some information and compete with other companies, some of them r friends of course, but some r not, just colleagues... Anyway, we go to have some beer after the game.
I think softball gonna be fun too, but I cannot find a team in my company..

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:58 am 

kiyoka666 wrote:
vegasf1 wrote:
kiyoka666 wrote:

Aha the social thing part is pretty much the same with us in Japan.
We play baseball with our colleagues to exchange some information and compete with other companies, some of them r friends of course, but some r not, just colleagues... Anyway, we go to have some beer after the game.
I think softball gonna be fun too, but I cannot find a team in my company..

There's a lot of people who never played baseball ever, but have friends that play slow pitch softball and they join them and it's not as hard to master. Imagine never playing baseball at age 25 and then getting invited and trying to play baseball. Too many people would quit. Maybe if rubber ball baseball was a part of American culture, there would be more people playing that as an adult than softball.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:53 pm 

vegasf1 wrote:

There's a lot of people who never played baseball ever, but have friends that play slow pitch softball and they join them and it's not as hard to master. Imagine never playing baseball at age 25 and then getting invited and trying to play baseball. Too many people would quit. Maybe if rubber ball baseball was a part of American culture, there would be more people playing that as an adult than softball.

totally got it.
In Japan, there r only two major sports (baseball and soccer) that most of us played or got trained in school.
I know basketball and football is also popular in US.
some guys here plays basketball too, but just minority... I never found a basket in the park outside and just could play basketball with my dad in the gym when I was a child...Oh very natsukashi..

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:31 pm 

I got some info for anyone that was wondering what the differences are. Probrain was SSK top lineup and the gloves were all made out of kip leather. The probrain lineup had a few special editions based on their top advisory players and a Master Built edition which I have no idea what it is. Maybe it was built by their top craftsmen? The proedge lineup is made up of steer hide thus the cheaper price. I just picked up a probrain master built glove. It is an amazing glove and I've owned some pretty good ones in my 37 years of baseball experience.