WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: S-200 vs X2-200POP
Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:19 pm 

I'm not sure how many people are still active this board (from the looks of it, not many) but worth a shot...

My 8 year old son is on his 3rd spring season with his S-200, mod trap. It really has been a perfect glove for him and while it was definitely on the big side when he was 6, it is a great fit now. The leather itself is in really good shape, but my one beef with the glove is its lack of structure. I definitely wouldn't call it floppy by any means, but for example no matter how much my son bowls the glove out, it always flattens back out after catching a few balls. It doesn't seem to bother him at all, and I've got him bowling it out as part of his pre-pitch routine so the glove is always in good shape to make a play.

His S-200 could easily last him a few more years, but I really would like to see him use something a little more structured. The Nokona X2-200POP caught my eye (same pattern, except with kangaroo leather instead of buffalo) and wondered if anybody had experience with it and could comment on the structure and ability to hold shape. My other option would be to take the S-200 apart, see if I could beef up the padding at all, and put back together with some quality lace, but I am really wanting to justify getting that X2-200POP!

Any input on this subject would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: S-200 vs X2-200POP
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:13 am 

On the S-200, you may want to private message Rous who is not only one of the more knowledgeable guys on Nokona but also one of the premier re-lacers who can help with the structure concerns/issue.
Good luck.

Post subject: Re: S-200 vs X2-200POP
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:10 am 

Thank you! I have sent him a PM.