Do you like this model?
Too old and outdated. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Awesome I really like this glove. 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Its ok 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
No comment 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: Rawlings Heart of the Hide XPG3
Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm 

Found this Horween Leather Heart of the Hide XPG3. Anybody else have interest in the model, size, web, style, etc? This was considered Brooks Robinson model with wing tip back.

http://www.ballgloves.com/rawlings-heart-of-hide-xpg3-baseball-glove-12-inch-right-hand-throw/

Post subject: Re: Rawlings Heart of the Hide XPG3
Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:32 am 

While I may not buy this specific glove, I love what DMS is currently doing. Expanding their offerings into brand new classic patterns is really cool. The Mick and this Brooks are a collectors dream. Only pattern missing is something for the outfielders.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:07 pm 

Here is the Mickey Mantle XPG6.

More classic horweens are due in end of March. We would like to get some 12.75 H web with open back or 12.75 Trap. Although the trap web is not as popular as it once was before. What would be your ideal outfield pattern, web, and style?

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:25 pm 

Pro T has a nice pocket. Would it be possible to offer an H web and a trap? My classic Pro H or HF broke in very shallow - seemed like thumb to index. Modern 302's are very nice. One of those in thick Horween would be excellent!

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:03 pm 

How about Pattern: 303

•Size: 12 ¾”
•Shell Palm: Tan Horween
•Shell Back: Tan Horween
•Web Style: Trapeze
•Web: Tan Horween
•Binding: Tan Horween
•Welting: Split Gray
•Palm Lining: HorweenTan
•Finger Back: Black w/Foam
•Lacing: H Tan
•Trim: Tan Horween
•Stitching Vegas Gold
•Embroidery Rawlings Vegas Gold
•Patches: Red
•Stamping: Indent
•Finger Pad: None
•Wrist Opening: BOA beige
•Thumb Loop: Horween

and

Pattern: PRO303
•Size: 12 ¾”
•Shell Palm: Tan Horween
•Shell Back: Tan Horween
•Web Style: H web
•Web: Tan Horween
•Binding: Tan Horween
•Welting: Split Gray
•Palm Lining: HorweenTan
•Finger Back: Black w/Foam
•Lacing: H Tan
•Trim: Tan Horween
•Stitching Vegas Gold
•Embroidery Rawlings Vegas Gold
•Patches: Red
•Stamping: Indent
•Finger Pad: None
•Wrist Opening: BOA beige
•Thumb Loop: Horween

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:27 am 

I'd probably buy both even though 303's have larger than normal handstalls. I wear a large batting glove and a 302 fits my hand perfectly. I think outfielders and softball players will be all over these if you can secure some of the classic stiff Horween like your earlier runs.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:21 pm 

I like the look of the classic tan with split gray welting, but only on infield gloves. I never thought about why, but Curtis Granderson pointed out that outfield gloves look better with black leather because they don't make the glove look as big as the lighter colored leathers do.

I had a Cliff Floyd game used PROHFTL and it was a very deep pattern, closing thumb to pinky/ring. The "TL" is for "tan leather" and the same model in black is the PRO-HFB or black with a tan web is PRO-HFTB.

There's also the PRO-2HFB which was used by Johnny Damon, Jim Edmonds and Kenny Lofton, but I'm not sure how the HF model differs from the 2HF. Those 3 guys are all lefties, so it could be that the use of the "2" was a LHT designation.

Whether you go with tan or black, if your goal with a special order outfield glove is to re-create an older model that's no longer made (like you did with the PRO6HF, PRO12TC, XPG3, XPG6, PRO6XBC, etc.) you can't do any of the modern models like 302 or 303.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:38 pm 

rproulx86 wrote:
I like the look of the classic tan with split gray welting, but only on infield gloves. I never thought about why, but Curtis Granderson pointed out that outfield gloves look better with black leather because they don't make the glove look as big as the lighter colored leathers do.

I had a Cliff Floyd game used PROHFTL and it was a very deep pattern, closing thumb to pinky/ring. The "TL" is for "tan leather" and the same model in black is the PRO-HFB or black with a tan web is PRO-HFTB.

There's also the PRO-2HFB which was used by Johnny Damon, Jim Edmonds and Kenny Lofton, but I'm not sure how the HF model differs from the 2HF. Those 3 guys are all lefties, so it could be that the use of the "2" was a LHT designation.

Whether you go with tan or black, if your goal with a special order outfield glove is to re-create an older model that's no longer made (like you did with the PRO6HF, PRO12TC, XPG3, XPG6, PRO6XBC, etc.) you can't do any of the modern models like 302 or 303.

The Pro-HF's were 12.75 and the Pro 2's were around 12.25. Nothing against a black outfield glove except they're a dime a dozen. Black and tan always looks classy (web and lace).

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:46 am 

I didn't realize Damon, Edmonds, and Lofton were wearing a glove that's only 12.25". Today, I can't think of any Major League outfielders using anything smaller than 12.75". Wilson's KP92 is stamped 12.5" but like most Wilsons, it's a little bigger than it's listed.

I mixed up two of the letters in my post, but a black HF with tan web should be PRO-HFBT (B first because it's mostly black, then T second). That would look like Tony Gwynn's glove.

The semi-mass-produced (190) Tony Gwynn gloves that were made with his name stitched on to be autographed were stamped PRO-RF13P-SO, but this issued Gwynn glove is a PRO-HFB (Although HFBT would be more accurate given the colors).

I wouldn't mind seeing this brought back:

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:59 am 

rproulx86 wrote:
I didn't realize Damon, Edmonds, and Lofton were wearing a glove that's only 12.25". Today, I can't think of any Major League outfielders using anything smaller than 12.75". Wilson's KP92 is stamped 12.5" but like most Wilsons, it's a little bigger than it's listed.

I mixed up two of the letters in my post, but a black HF with tan web should be PRO-HFBT (B first because it's mostly black, then T second). That would look like Tony Gwynn's glove.

The semi-mass-produced (190) Tony Gwynn gloves that were made with his name stitched on to be autographed were stamped PRO-RF13P-SO, but this issued Gwynn glove is a PRO-HFB (Although HFBT would be more accurate given the colors).

I wouldn't mind seeing this brought back:

Agreed, that is one great looking glove that checks all the boxes. If DMS could make it with dry black Horween and tan like the original, that would be another unique to this glove feature.

Unread postPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:44 pm 

Hey ballgloves, great to see you on here! I'm looking forward to seeing some more horween options!

My only input so far (I know its mostly up to Rawlings) would be to get the stiffest horween they are willing to work with.

Unread postPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:47 am 

also, a black horween 1000? my DMS horween 12tcb (the larger version) is one of my all time favorites.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:28 am 

I'm SUPER excited to see what the new classic patterns are. SPT was a great move, but a re-order of the 6HF would be neat...
Tan CMHC 1b would be neat OR a DCT with the CMHCB2 style web like the old days.
Just a pipe dream, but ive never seen a black 6hf. I cant even imagine if one day a run of those were made.
A TAN RV23 with the style web of the black single post would be interesting as well.

I realize this isnt a thread asking for suggestions... just day dreams and things ive thought about as IMO these releases are the coolest thing Rawlings does courtesy of Mr Morton.
One of my favorite things about this line is they seem to take the classic patterns and give us a re issue. Then, the next time around they give those classic patterns a modern twist by changing the color or web. Then, once those are gone eventually it circles back around to another reissue of the original classic.

I really like that bc it offers a nice variety for the player and collector.

Rawlings has never issued a RV23 at retail but DMS has given us...

Black single post
Black Mesh
Tan (og horween, jtan, new horween)
Black

Pretty cool to have so many options for a glove that isnt retail.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:13 pm 

Although, if this IS intended to be for suggestions, i would throw out a few more...

1.) I'll second the black 6HF. That would be awesome, and totally unique.

2.) PRO-5XTC, or others of the 'experimental' models...3xhc, etc...or things that have what I think Bob called "V-anchors"

3.) An RV web on a more classic pattern like a 1000. The odd wrist closure (forget the technical name) of the RV23 seems to be a turn off to many. I've had them do it several times, so know it can be done, and people who have seen them love them.

4.) Not a classic, but maybe combining a FULL mesh back (as in, wrist strap and all) with a horween palm / web. I would think that would sell like crazy if they allow it. The full mesh back and reverse welt are really the only options left that they don't let the general public do.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 am 

HECK YEAH!!!!!!

Awesome thoughts!!!!!!!

I'm sure you peek over at SBF as well, but 'softball specific' patterns aside, it seems a pro-1000 with a RV web is the most requested/sought after gloves.
Obviously as past petitions and request threads have shown we are the minority - but anything i bring my RV out i get a million questions!
I think a 1000 with that web would sell amazing for people wanting it as well as ones who couldnt get into the RV (due to your aforementioned issues) but dug the look enough to try it in the 1st place. Popular wouldnt even be the right word!!! good call....

Now... back to day dreaming about a black 6hf..... :)