WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Rawlings Custom Order Guide
Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:05 pm 
Silver Slugger

midland2 wrote:
Are Bob's custom HOHS better than the PP Philippines Customs

It depends on what you are looking for in a glove. However, in my opinion they are...

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:28 pm 

midland2 wrote:
Are Bob's custom HOHS better than the PP Philippines Customs
Leather quality is superior IMO... The downside is you can't get the colors...

For example, the beautiful dark tan tb24 that someone posted the day was simply a beautiful glove... Might be just as beautiful under the tan/camel/black options via eastbay, but you can't get that dark tan I don't believe...

Rich Rodriguez has an avatar of a beautiful Navy (I believe it's Navy, at least it looks that way in the AVY) h-web with tan laces.. Again, not an option via eastbay...

So there is plus and minuses IMO... However, if you want quality craftsmanship, attention to detail and stiff leather, USA is the way to go...

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:44 pm 

JoeBraga wrote:
samwiches wrote:
Come on, no equipment to do stitching? No materials for two-piece webs, or open backs on a 12.00? I gotta check on that myself for sure, I can hardly believe that.

Sounds like you don't want one of Bob's customs. People don't order Bob's customs for the vast options, rather they order them because they use fantastic materials and are well constructed.

Sounds like you are mostly concerned with how your glove looks. I would order from one of the many vendors offering Philippines customs.

I don't consider a size, web, wrist back to be the looks. I've been playing ball my entire life. I'm not one with a fortune of pretty, unused gloves. It's more like these customers that seem to fit that bill.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:19 pm 

If I want a 11 1/2 inch full Trap, I have to call Bob, not go through Eastbay?

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:51 pm 

i knew at this. so basically theses gloves are the best gloves avalible to public. i should call bob and he will hook me up? also why are they the best

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:15 am 

The thing that sucks about the bobs gloves is they dont offer a palm padding, and the phillipines do. Also i wanted conventional back in a 12 inch and it wasnt an option. I googled them and there is no way to get in contact with them to ask for a more custom job. bummer.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:39 am 

yankeesrule wrote:
The thing that sucks about the bobs gloves is they dont offer a palm padding, and the phillipines do. Also i wanted conventional back in a 12 inch and it wasnt an option. I googled them and there is no way to get in contact with them to ask for a more custom job. bummer.

Do you own one of Mr. Clevenhagen's gloves?

Post subject: Philipines custom question
Unread postPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:30 am 

If I were to order a pro12 I web open back custom from the Philipines, does anyone know how that pattern would play? I'm familiar with the np5 and np12, how would this compare? Specifically looking at softball use.

Post subject: Re: Philipines custom question
Unread postPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:32 pm 

I don't know about the Pro12, but a lot of guys at SBF like the Pro1000, so you might want to consider that too.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:34 am 

Thanks for the great data man!

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:02 pm 

I just ordered a Philippines custom HOH with tan Code 55 leather, gray welting, basket web, PRO200 pattern at 11.75 inches.

I will post pics in 4-6 weeks.

This will be my new pitcher's glove to replace my current PRO201BC tan HOH that I've used since 2004. I'd like to retire the PRO201BC to a display stand. Lots of good memories tied up in that baby but the binding and liner are starting to crack from sweat and I don't want to alter the glove through Kenny J. or John Golumb to keep it as the gamer. So to the shelf it goes.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 pm 

Youve just described the perfect glove. Reminds me of the 1000bc, my personal fav. Looking fwd to seeing this.

502 to Right wrote:
I just ordered a Philippines custom HOH with tan Code 55 leather, gray welting, basket web, PRO200 pattern at 11.75 inches.

I will post pics in 4-6 weeks.

This will be my new pitcher's glove to replace my current PRO201BC tan HOH that I've used since 2004. I'd like to retire the PRO201BC to a display stand. Lots of good memories tied up in that baby but the binding and liner are starting to crack from sweat and I don't want to alter the glove through Kenny J. or John Golumb to keep it as the gamer. So to the shelf it goes.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:17 pm 

Great info. helped a lot!

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:09 pm 

Thanks for all the detailed information.

I have one question.

I would assume that the Philippines custom HOH would have the same feel, stiffness, design, etc. as the regular store bought HOH gloves that are also made in the Philippines, is that a correct assumption?

I have a regular Philippines HOH now that I love and was looking at doing a Philippines custom to get the traditional tan color, with an "H" web and US flag not available on the USA customs.

Thanks.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:16 am 

autoguy wrote:
Thanks for all the detailed information.

I have one question.

I would assume that the Philippines custom HOH would have the same feel, stiffness, design, etc. as the regular store bought HOH gloves that are also made in the Philippines, is that a correct assumption?

I have a regular Philippines HOH now that I love and was looking at doing a Philippines custom to get the traditional tan color, with an "H" web and US flag not available on the USA customs.

Thanks.

Yes, based on my experience. However, the traditional tan (Code 55) is going to be stiffer than any other stock HOH leather (minus the Morton exclusives, which also use Code 55).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next