WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: new and thirsty for history
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:35 pm 

Hello, everyone. A few years ago I found a glove at a park while giving the dog some exercise. I flyered the park, hoping I could find the owner, but I never got a call. I know how stressful, and manic, losing a glove can be, but it dawned on me that maybe the person purposely left the glove so they could get a new one. So many possibilities. It needed a little re-lacing in the web area, and it needed some conditioning. I conditioned it right away, but it wasn't until this summer that I sat down and re-laced the web. It gave me the bug. I owned several gloves as a kid, one even being a first baseman's mitt from the Holiday gas station chain. I still have it. It's a surprisingly nice glove. You remember, when you could find and buy nice anything and everything in the most unlikely of places. My first nice glove was a Mizuno MT-2000FB. It was within the first few years when Mizuno and SSK were available in the States.

I have so many questions I hope to have answered here. Like what company invented the hinged, closed web? Was it Wilson with the A-2000? I probably won't ever have a big collection, but I would like to gain some knowledge so I can pick up high quality examples of a few styles that I always wanted as a kid but could never afford.

hopefully talking to everyone soon.

Post subject: Re: new and thirsty for history
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:49 am 

Welcome aboard, ZxMx. Unfortunately, this forum hasn't been that active lately so I recommend the search option if you make a post that doesn't get any traffic. Who knows, maybe you'll be the spark that reignites this excellent source of baseball knowledge.

Post subject: Re: new and thirsty for history
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:37 pm 

Your browser does not support drag'n'drop file uploads.Please use the fallback form below to upload your files like in the olden days.Thanks. will do.