WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: 2018 Mizuno Pro & Pro Select 600D Model Reviews 11.75 H-Web
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:42 pm 

As a resident MZP62 fan, along with Allen, I had to order these two models to see if they stack up to what I think is the best pattern out there. Was a little surprised by these when they came in. I'll upload comparison pictures shortly or post them to the forum IG page. As an aside, Ballglovewarehouse.com shipped $1300+ worth of gloves (I'll be reviewing the A2K 1775 and 1721 as well) in a grey plastic bag. Uh, thanks?

Mizuno Pro
As you can see in the pictures, something went wrong when they stuffed the thumb insert in there. I'm not one to harp on quality, but these things do have human error built into them. Not going to be the guy who harps on it. Things happen. There is also an odd thumb piece that pushes your hand more towards the middle of the glove. I like my thumb almost parallel with the edge of the glove. Their "updates" to make the pocket more "underneath the web" is very noticable to me. As someone who likes their pocket more old school I guess, and to the right of the web (if looking palmside) I am not a fan. The leather is absolutely perfect. Very smooth. I am not a fan of the embroidery in the palm area though. As with all PL's it comes with a glove bag. Came a bit soft for my liking and will definitely be returned. Kind of looks like the MZP62 in shape, but different feel altogether. (I've not had a chance to try on the normal, or shallow versions of these gloves. Not sure if all of them have this thumb force-over, or if I may have gotten a soft lemon on arrival.

Pro Select
After 15+ years of collecting gloves, not much shocks me anymore. I am 100% blown away by the pro select. As you will see in the video, this glove is STIFF. This is about as stiff as my pro issue Rawlings that are ordered firm. No joke. The leather on these is about as good as you can get. Im not a fan of the back wrist design, but from a construction perspective, this is a must buy. ESPECIALLY at only $249. This glove does not have the thumb notch that forces your hand over, so this one may be a keeper for me. Pattern overall, and as it should, is identical to the MP. This one feels closer to the MZP62.

Post subject: Re: 2018 Mizuno Pro & Pro Select 600D Model Reviews 11.75 H-
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:05 pm 

Great reviews, look forward to some pics. Thanks for posting! Been curious about these and Mizuno's site is a joke.