WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: PRO-CFC
Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:02 pm 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-RARE-FIND-RAW ... SwbsBXmmDW

SWEET glove, but really poor markeing here. :lol:

...and by poor marketing I mean it's probably not on IG tagged as HORWEEN HORWEEN HORWEEN PRO ISSUE x7!!! Man if this had gold labels, guaranteed $1200 sale.

Post subject: Re: PRO-CFC
Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:49 am 

Hrking4675 wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-RARE-FIND-RAWLINGS-HEART-OF-THE-HIDE-GOLD-GLOVE-SERIES-AE001-PRO-CFC-FOR-RHT-/391535997564?hash=item5b295d327c:g:BVEAAOSwbsBXmmDW

SWEET glove, but really poor markeing here. :lol:

...and by poor marketing I mean it's probably not on IG tagged as HORWEEN HORWEEN HORWEEN PRO ISSUE x7!!! Man if this had gold labels, guaranteed $1200 sale.

I'd guess thats the only reason this is still sitting here after a month, You'd think a rare pattern like this would fly!!

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:28 pm 

I wish I would have had Bob build me a couple PRO CFC's before he retired. I'm gonna check with GGD to see if it's a possibility - such a great OF pattern.

I love the way the colors popped on this one, but remember talking w Bob when he was putting it together. He didn't think he could put any embroidery on the thumbs, but said he could find a place for it. Never seen it inside the finger/thumb, and never really took to it - but love the thing. Despite it being the "featherlite" leather, it has a great feel and absolutely gobbles up baseballs.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:23 pm 

[url][/url][quote="Gabby"]I wish I would have had Bob build me a couple PRO CFC's before he retired. I'm gonna check with GGD to see if it's a possibility - such a great OF pattern.

Uhhh.... HOT DOG!!! Thats a nice looking glove. Not an OF glove guy but wowzers, that thing is snazzy!!!
I love the pickup around here. New ACTUAL glove talk (not just how much something is worth) and some cool different sale posts, and of course some filthy pictures like this!!
Its a shame the ol'vintage glove forum is mostly broken links as is the archives here. These may have been shown off back in the day but for someone like me thats been at this for less than 2 yrs, these are an absolute treat to see!!!
If i were a betting man id bet many creations never saw the light of day on the forums out of respect to Bob and not wanting him to get in trouble with his favor gloves.
Also, (i may be way off base) but i get the impression some guys dont like opening the vaults for pics because of the inevetible trade and purchase requests make it not worth the hassle but when something like this makes a cameo it just makes a thread.
And by all means, i get the second point. Even if someone with deep pockets contacts you, the amount of younger guys who dont know better might be overwhelming.
I quite like my little collection even though it pales in comparison to most on here, it always amazes me that putting a pic up on IG with NFSOT still garners plenty of DMs inquiring. I never mind someone asking for my rv23 for example even though id 99% never part with it if they have something comprable. At least itll spawn a good convo and maybe if im lucky ill get to see some stash pics. BUT the 'wanna trade or my beat up a2000'? Is what gets a little old.
By all means, if im posting- its my fault. Im putting it out in the interwebs for all to see and it comes with the territory ESP on IG.
Id bet that is magnified 10 fold though with some of you guys with your slcs or prodepts. Totally understand there.
This fourm is awesome also for tracing where some of these high end pieces that have come out of the vets collections came from. Id always wondered why the R logo on my rv23 was a little funny and what was under the flag. I stumbled onto this the otherday reading old posts, and i got my answer!!!! Super slick. Im not a gold logo guy... but this might be enough to make an exception:)
[url][URL=http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/andrewhasseler/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20160817_155829_zpsyb225chh.jpg.html]Image[/url][/url]

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:32 am 

Is $350 really a realistic price for that glove? When were those gloves made? I had 2 HOH horween gloves and none had the deer tanned cowhide embossing in the inner heel of the glove so I'd guess it was a glove made after 88-96?

That OF pattern is unusual to see on a Rawlings since most OF gloves are H webs or trapeze. It's a pattern I've seen on Japanese gloves like the mizuno GOC-3 world win (red cup) that I owned in the mid 80s and on current gloves when looking on swallow sports' website.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:36 am 

vegasf1 wrote:
Is $350 really a realistic price for that glove? When were those gloves made? I had 2 HOH horween gloves and none had the deer tanned cowhide embossing in the inner heel of the glove so I'd guess it was a glove made after 88-96?

That OF pattern is unusual to see on a Rawlings since most OF gloves are H webs or trapeze. It's a pattern I've seen on Japanese gloves like the mizuno GOC-3 world win (red cup) that I owned in the mid 80s and on current gloves when looking on swallow sports' website.

1993. I dont think it NOT an unfair price... but again, there it sits. I think with these odd rare patterns it more comes down to is someone specifically looking for it when it pops. If this is something i've been after for a while and this is the 1st one to show up in a while then $350 isnt as bad as the ones that are $500.
There have been some usa rare patterns this summer that have hit the $500 mark, and man have they been cool to see!!!

I think being an OF glove means something as well. Softball guys would love it, but i dont think softball guys are as much about usa and rare patterns as they'd prob want to use it.
It seems MOST of the guys ive met into the usa gloves are very much more into IF gloves. Sure, there are exceptions but ny and large id guess thats whats up.
Like i said though, a cool glove is a cool glove. This, IMO is a cool glove!!
Side note, i believe this is the model Bob said he used in Ripkens custom 3b glove in the twilight of his career.

Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:05 pm 

I didn't realize how rare this glove is. I only buy gloves to play with. I am not a collector of unusual gloves, although if I could find an unused GOC-3, I'd buy one if it wasn't as expensive as I've seen on yahoo japan auction site. Even the mizuno replica of them is nearly $400 which is a lot for a glove I'd use as a shelf queen to remind me of a similar glove I owned in high school and I do not have shelf queens at all. I had a HOH PRO-TB Horween leather glove bought in the early or mid 90s and it did not have that palm imprint on it which is why I thought it was made later. Maybe when I stop playing I will think about gloves more in a collector's way.

I still can't imagine paying $350 for that glove to play with. Unless someone is collecting it because it's rare or they have sentimental value for it because they had one in the past and is looking for one to display on the shelf as fond reminder of a similar past glove they owned. $350 can get a new pro preferred and that glove has seen quite a bit of use and looks like it's cracking on the interior palm area and appears to be floppy. I am just not a pre-owned glove kind of guy. It's not a car or a home. A glove is something I want new to mold it and make it fit me just right. An old glove will have someone else's hand molded to it not to mention absorbed quite a bit of sweat in the palm area. It is interesting to see something different, but not for someone like me.

Softball guys play with 12" gloves? I thought they all used larger gloves, even for infielders.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:58 pm 

The Pro CFC is most definitely an OF glove!

Bob told me that the last pro he built one for was either Ellis Burks, or Robin Yount. It's a really good pattern for OF play.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:32 pm 

Yessirree Bob

http://usa-baseballgloves.webs.com/apps ... =203059265

Gabby wrote:
The Pro CFC is most definitely an OF glove!

Bob told me that the last pro he built one for was either Ellis Burks, or Robin Yount. It's a really good pattern for OF play.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:55 pm 

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:53 am 

I remember my conversations with Mr. Bob when he was building this CFC for me. I told him I wanted a pattern similar to the Griffey TB24, only with a web - not TrapEze. He told me about the CFC and how it was the base for the TB build, and a dandy of a pattern that hasn't been ordered in ages. I was game, and trusted him. Glad I did.

I thought it was funny when he called me apologizing for the long wait and problems with embroidery. He said "I can't remember how to lace this damned web in." Thought that was funny. Love that man.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:38 am 

spedrunr wrote:

BUYER BEWARE
There have been multiple people who have had issued buying from this seller.
Long story short, he had sold me a glove in which he described as practically new.
He even had a back story about its use being limited to the owner playing catch with his 8 yr old and thats it.
Glove arrives and its the floppiest thing ever. Essentially the EXACT OPPOSITE of 'practically new'
I'd since found out it was bought off ebay a few days prior and was just a flip, so the story was bogus.
Also, he pretended to just be naive and not know what he was doing and that to him 'practically new' meant it still had original bones, laces, etc....
After he asked how the date code works and some basic questions i didnt mind helping with... but then after i heard another horror story about the same seller I went and looked at his past auctions and low and behold, the descriptions are as detailed ( in regard to date/leather) as possible. He knew how to read date codes and what the 01 etx means.... just playing it off as a dad selling his kids gloves when they were done with them.
Truth be told, dudes a flipper and not one that cares. Ive got no issue with someone making a buck... but this whole thing was shady as shady can be.
again, just watch out when buying from him.

Spedrunr, man... i love going back to your site every few moths and checking out what you've had over the years. One of the best picture collections on the interwebs!!

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:22 am 

bigmac25 wrote:
spedrunr wrote:

BUYER BEWARE
There have been multiple people who have had issued buying from this seller.
Long story short, he had sold me a glove in which he described as practically new.
He even had a back story about its use being limited to the owner playing catch with his 8 yr old and thats it.
Glove arrives and its the floppiest thing ever. Essentially the EXACT OPPOSITE of 'practically new'
I'd since found out it was bought off ebay a few days prior and was just a flip, so the story was bogus.
Also, he pretended to just be naive and not know what he was doing and that to him 'practically new' meant it still had original bones, laces, etc....
After he asked how the date code works and some basic questions i didnt mind helping with... but then after i heard another horror story about the same seller I went and looked at his past auctions and low and behold, the descriptions are as detailed ( in regard to date/leather) as possible. He knew how to read date codes and what the 01 etx means.... just playing it off as a dad selling his kids gloves when they were done with them.
Truth be told, dudes a flipper and not one that cares. Ive got no issue with someone making a buck... but this whole thing was shady as shady can be.
again, just watch out when buying from him.

Spedrunr, man... i love going back to your site every few moths and checking out what you've had over the years. One of the best picture collections on the interwebs!!

Thank you sir, I've been lucky enough to snag a few nice ones. Yeah, this seller was the same one that tried to pull of the 'ol "Cordovon leather" glove that I sold him on the vintage baseball glove forum which started the whole Exxon Valdez parody which eventually lead to the locking up of the modern glove section on that forum. But we have Mike to thank for opening this forum as a result....so I guess we can thank "him" also? haha

It amazes me how he's able to snag BIN gloves all day long and then flip em.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:30 am 

HAHAHA No Way!!!!!!

I'd read that and thought that cat was a bit of a tool.... im amazed its the same guy!!!
Jezz... with all this nonsense and most of his gloves being geared towards collectors - im amazed he sells anything.
Hopefully, you putting 2 and 2 together will help the cause.
I dont advocate straight flipping, but like i mentioned- there seems to be some who at least do it in a caring manner.
This fool is just in and out... which, personally wouldnt upset me as much IF he didnt go with the whole selling his kids gloves and the newbie act by answering how a glove was dated.

At the very least I'm glad it did say something bc initially he asked me not to.
I guess now i know why!!

Thanks for the heads up bud!!