WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: New Rawlings Opti-Cores with Gold
Unread postPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 10:27 pm 

What do you guys think???

Post subject: Re: New Rawlings Opti-Cores with Gold
Unread postPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:06 pm 

Its Sharp.. But too flashy for me as my skill is no where near a Gold Glove Player's level. (more like a bench township league level) But I do think it has investment potential.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:05 am 

I bought two of the previous style and didn't pay over $350. I'm hoping the same scenario plays out with these. I've read people describe these as overpriced PP's, but the leather feels like a perfect combination of HOH and PP. Definitely the stiffest glove I've owned. Should last a lifetime.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:42 pm 

$175 per is a steal for these.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:40 pm 

My mistake, one was $300 and the other was $350. I wish it was $175!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:22 am 

I just received one. I didn't pay retail but close enough.

I picked up the 12.75.

I just started to work it in, and I took it to my game last night and warmed up with it pre-game. The glove feels great on the hand. The leather is top notch as it should be for the price. I am not disappointed that I spent the money at all. This will be my gamer once its broken in.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:14 am 

Good for you Pauly for gaming yours. I find it strange that this series of gloves gets such a bad wrap because of their list price. Never pay list price! For a little more than a custom HOH and less than a custom PP, you're getting incredibly good leather that feels unique in the Rawlings lineup.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:21 pm 

The palm just didn't feel right to me. But the kip leather is definitely nicer than the kip they used on pro preferred.

Can someone weight the outfield model?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:07 pm 

Also, the PP was a lot stiffer and both are kip. Rawlings probably oiled the gg opticore gloves. I would never pay retail for this glove. If I was paying retail, there are so many better gloves in the $500 range.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:24 pm 

Wally Gator wrote:
Good for you Pauly for gaming yours. I find it strange that this series of gloves gets such a bad wrap because of their list price. Never pay list price! For a little more than a custom HOH and less than a custom PP, you're getting incredibly good leather that feels unique in the Rawlings lineup.

I never buy gloves to put on a shelf. The only way I keep a glove is if I would use it.

The glove is getting there. I am still using my PP for games right now, but within a couple of weeks I will be using the GG. Custom gloves are no longer an option for as I was always disappointed in the outcome. So I agree for a little bit more money I am getting some great leather.

The glove is slightly heavier than my PP, but nothing substantial. I remember that being the talk with Primo line. The weight of the Primo never bothered me. I still have my H-Web 12.75 Primo and I still like it.

I am really impressed by the leather of the GG. It feels better than my PP and much better than my HOH's. Once its broken in its going to a great glove.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:44 pm 

PaulyPal wrote:
Wally Gator wrote:

I never buy gloves to put on a shelf. The only way I keep a glove is if I would use it.

The glove is getting there. I am still using my PP for games right now, but within a couple of weeks I will be using the GG. Custom gloves are no longer an option for as I was always disappointed in the outcome. So I agree for a little bit more money I am getting some great leather.

The glove is slightly heavier than my PP, but nothing substantial. I remember that being the talk with Primo line. The weight of the Primo never bothered me. I still have my H-Web 12.75 Primo and I still like it.

I am really impressed by the leather of the GG. It feels better than my PP and much better than my HOH's. Once its broken in its going to a great glove.

What you need is a custom made in Japan gloves. Those are so much better than what we get here in America.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:27 pm 

vegasf1 wrote:
PaulyPal wrote:
Wally Gator wrote:

What you need is a custom made in Japan gloves. Those are so much better than what we get here in America.

I tried to get a Nike Sha Do custom a few years ago. I was quoted $800.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:54 pm 

I am really impressed by the leather of the GG. It feels better than my PP and much better than my HOH's. Once its broken in its going to a great glove.[/quote]

What you need is a custom made in Japan gloves. Those are so much better than what we get here in America.[/quote]

I tried to get a Nike Sha Do custom a few years ago. I was quoted $800.[/quote]

You can get customs from other brands for less than $500 from swallow. Nike is supposedly made by a company called atoms