WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: New Rawlings HOH models - new features and models
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:51 pm 

I noticed that some of the new HOH models have features that are very Wilson-like.

An example: https://www.rawlingsgear.com/product/PRO314-2BC

This glove has dual welting, a "Thermoformed moisture wicking wrist pad" (like Wilson's Dri-lex), "narrow fit" (like Pedroia Fit), double-X lacing at the base of the I-web (standard for Wilson I-webs), and a colorway that reminds me of a Brandon Phillips Datdude model.

Certainly seems like Rawlings is trying to copy Wilson with this glove.

I also noticed this new model: https://www.rawlingsgear.com/product/PRO303-CTB

This is the first Rawlings 12.75" conventional back six-finger trapeze that I've seen. I like the looks of it, except for the grey rolled welting.

Post subject: Re: New Rawlings HOH models - new features and models
Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:23 pm 

adam2434 wrote:

This is the first Rawlings 12.75" conventional back six-finger trapeze that I've seen. I like the looks of it, except for the grey rolled welting.

I do own a traditional back 303, that has a Mod Trap. But it is a Pro Dept. so anything goes with PD.

For retail I think this is the first time for a traditional back 303 thats not a H web, I could be wrong.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:20 pm 

DatDuke wrote:
adam2434 wrote:

I do own a traditional back 303, that has a Mod Trap. But it is a Pro Dept. so anything goes with PD.

For retail I think this is the first time for a traditional back 303 thats not a H web, I could be wrong.

The PRO303-4JB (conventional back with modified trap) was a stock model a few years ago. I have one, and it looks like your Pro Dept, except that it has grey welting and no palm pad.

My comment was regarding the PRO303-CTB having a full six-finger trapeze and a conventional back. I've only seen 12.75" Rawlings six-finger trapeze in conjunction with a fastback.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:44 pm 

adam2434 wrote:
My comment was regarding the PRO303-CTB having a full six-finger trapeze and a conventional back. I've only seen 12.75" Rawlings six-finger trapeze in conjunction with a fastback.

Yup... good point. 303 mod trap has been available retail before as has the PRO442 Ichiro trap, but a true six-finger trap with an open back in 12.75" is something new.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:17 am 

Off topic, but I wish Rawlings would add a T-bar or Tennessee Trap style at the top of their six-finger trapeze. I've seen the T-bar on their Sandlot trapeze model.

I really do not see a downside for this, only the upside of having more rigidity at the top of the web.