WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Nike Vapor 360
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:24 pm 

I know the MSRP on the Nike Vapor 360 gloves is in that $399 range; however, I've recently noticed new ones on EBay going for well below $200. Two days ago there was a red one (2015 model) that was NWOB whose auction ended at $129 with no bids. I've never seen one in person, but I would be interested if anyone had any insight/ theories why they are going so cheaply. (I realize purchase from an unauthorized dealer negates the warranty, and that warranty does have a value. But a warranty on a glove isn't worth that difference.)

Post subject: Re: Nike Vapor 360
Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:51 pm 

cfaboarder wrote:
I know the MSRP on the Nike Vapor 360 gloves is in that $399 range; however, I've recently noticed new ones on EBay going for well below $200. Two days ago there was a red one (2015 model) that was NWOB whose auction ended at $129 with no bids. I've never seen one in person, but I would be interested if anyone had any insight/ theories why they are going so cheaply. (I realize purchase from an unauthorized dealer negates the warranty, and that warranty does have a value. But a warranty on a glove isn't worth that difference.)

If you read some of the reviews, they are notoriously bad with shaping and molding to your hand due to the synth. material used. They take some learning curve to use. And most importantly they are not worth the $400 price tag. Its a gimmick at first, after a few months people have used them and hate them. They would rather break in a dependable Mizuno Pro Limited, or Rawlings Pro Preferred PROS303 if they decided to drop 4 big ones on OF gloves.

I do realized there is an increase qty. of Vapor 360 listed on Ebay, (did they just had a clearance sale or something?) and sold for little over $130. in avg.

Oh. And those Colors are just crave attentions. you better catch everything hits to you, or near you when you are wearing these.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:04 pm 

They were/are being blown out at Ross stores (same thing with the Shado Edge).
Warranty concerns, you could more than likely figure out how to work with Nike.
I had gotten the White a while back for my son when Nike had a flash sale.
Took about a week to break in.
He's comfortable with it but it's was mostly a gamer (occasionally he would use it for practices).

If interested, I got a couple of friends who scored some and are still working on selling hem.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:35 pm 

40 at ross and either 79 or 99 at tj maxx/marshalls. Whats really sad imo, is that all these twirps are picking up 3,4 or 5 and NOT ONCE have i seen a single one offer to hook up one of their buddies for cost plus ship. I get making a profit, but me personally, if i stumbled across a stack and knew a couple guys i was close w who wanted one, done deal. On top of that, they still think theyll get 250 for em. Have fun w your 4 pink vapors. I hope they keep em warm on those cold and lonely nights! Mind you, this isnt bitterness of any kind, just a sad observation.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:14 pm 

Good observation bigmac25- I did notice some sellers had quantities available, naturally making me further wonder about the prices and from where they came. Thanks for the input, gentlemen. (Wow- $40 @ Ross...)

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:47 pm 

Nike's just trying to be innovative, and I get that.

IMO, they just need to go back to what they were doing with the first incarnation on the SHAlDO Elite J's.
I'm not that much of a glove collector but I've got the original single post model, just because it's such a damn cool glove.

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:01 pm 

bigmac25 wrote:
40 at ross and either 79 or 99 at tj maxx/marshalls. Whats really sad imo, is that all these twirps are picking up 3,4 or 5 and NOT ONCE have i seen a single one offer to hook up one of their buddies for cost plus ship. I get making a profit, but me personally, if i stumbled across a stack and knew a couple guys i was close w who wanted one, done deal. On top of that, they still think theyll get 250 for em. Have fun w your 4 pink vapors. I hope they keep em warm on those cold and lonely nights! Mind you, this isnt bitterness of any kind, just a sad observation.

Its pretty sad when guys are deliberately trying to swindle someone by asking for $200+ gloves in trades for their $40 glove from Ross. Yeah I hope they get stuck with a bunch of pink gloves no one wants. I think they are hideous and think $40 is still too much, but to each is own.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:10 pm 

I just went to Marshalls and tried on one of these Pink Glove. I agreed they are not hard to break in, but I don't see how it can be form let's say with a WEBGEM. The glove will Keep its shape no matter what you do to it. (It's a soft plastic glove). And No.. It doesn't worth $40. (Currently selling for $90+tax at Marshalls). It's pretty light, I will give them that. And the box is nice. I still prefer the Wilsons or Rawlings Key Chain however.