WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Don Morton C55!
Unread postPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:14 am 

I just received a new Don Morton TPX C55 That I ordered through BallGloves.com and I have to report that this is one of the nicest gloves I have ever held. I purchased the 1176C55 Mod Trap and absolutely love the quality of glove that I am holding in my hands. I own A2000's, A2K's, Rawlings PP, Rawlings HOH, TPX Pro Flares, and All Star gloves.... this C55 is made with great attention to detail.....super thick laces....great Horween leather, quality all around etc... It is super stiff right now but I can already feel how the break points work and can see how nicely it will break in with some work. I have always heard great things about these gloves and had to see for myself... this is truly a quality mitt, one that will last a long time!

Post subject: Re: Don Morton C55!
Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:20 pm 

Just ordered mine from FleaBay with double Ebay Cash back makes it a $160 ish purchase. Killer Deal for a Poor man PRO1000HC that I have no luck finding for a reasonable price+condition. But I wish the C55 has the H-web or Single Post.

Glad you love the glove, your review justified my purchase. I now can compare the C55 to my FL1200CC and FLA1175BG. I will write a review once I broke the C55 in, (should take a few months). LOL.

The more I put my hand in a TPX, the more I like em.

DatDuke.

Unread postPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:03 am 

Finally, made my first DM purchase. FL1151C55. Def worth the price tag. Need to feel the c55 leather different, vs my FL1200CC. Plays about the same - size wise. Lace quality, an improvement, stiff as a board, which is a good thing, Perfect formed as it. Come factory flared, no need to crank the thumb and pinky. I can say it's a perfect game glove once it's broken in. And the dry Horween... What can I say, no hype, just the best $160 glove money can buy. I used to be a KIP fan, but they loose their structure integrity too soon. that's why there are so many 30 years old Horween gloves out there are still game worthy. Now go, get one yourself. DatDuke out.. Got a glove to break. :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:47 pm 

DatDuke wrote:
I used to be a KIP fan, but they loose their structure integrity too soon.

Not all kip is created equal. I've got a mocha kip PP that's also lined with the same mocha kip, and even after countless rounds of catch and being used for countless sessions of FP it's not even remotely close to being a game ready glove.

Stiffer than any Horween HOH I've ever had (including those lined with Horween), I'm convinced this glove is going to be incredible once fully broken in (whenever that may happen).

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 5:52 pm 

Yes, I am not talking about ease to break in, I am talking about retaining its structure integrity once it has broken in. a 10 years old Horween Gamer is firmer than a 5 years old KIP from my experience. YMMV.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:05 pm 

Not to disagree, I have broken in a ton of pp even a pro issued. It's a bitch to break em in. But once they are broken in. They don't last as long as a good Horween. I have yet try to break in a brand new Horween. But have use a few well broken in models. I feel they hold their shape better than kip. See my pro issue mocha pp below. Still very stiff, I abandon the break in process cause I decide to shelve this glove. Also.. 3 well gamed pp.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:01 am 

mattingly wrote:
...I've got a mocha kip PP that's also lined with the same mocha kip...

How's the kip leather as lining material? Sounds awesome.

Unread postPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:52 pm 

G13 wrote:
mattingly wrote:
...I've got a mocha kip PP that's also lined with the same mocha kip...

How's the kip leather as lining material? Sounds awesome.

In terms of feel it's great, and in terms of keeping the glove stiff and keeping the pocket from creasing and puckering it's unreal.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:54 pm 

mattingly wrote:
In terms of feel it's great, and in terms of keeping the glove stiff and keeping the pocket from creasing and puckering it's unreal.

Wish it was a retail custom option. I sure love my HOH mitt lined with the same dry black leather.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:30 pm 

G13 wrote:
mattingly wrote:

Wish it was a retail custom option. I sure love my HOH mitt lined with the same dry black leather.

Compared to Horween HOH's of the same model with the same amount of use on them, this PP is still way stiffer.
To date, the stiffest Rawlings glove I've ever owned.