WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: What have they done to the PRO FLARE??
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:59 pm 

Hello, Members:

I have both the FLA1175BG H Web and the FL1200CC Basket Web. they are in a different league of gloves. One is firm and stable (FL) while the (FLA) are flimsy but soft to touch. They both claim they are made with Oil Injected Horween from their sale pitch. But there is no way they are made from the same material. My question is: are the C55 DM are that much better than the CC? I always think the LS Pro Flare are the poor man PRO1000HC. not with this FLA. Should I save up of a true C55? Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: What have they done to the PRO FLARE??
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:23 pm 

I've not used the 'CC' line of these, but I do have a FL1300 and it remains one of my most reliable gamers (on the rare instances that I shag baseballs in the OF). It is a seriously underrated glove (based on the leather, at least). For some reason it took them quite a while to be appreciated. I suspect due to the silly rubberized logo on the wrist. But there is no denying that the leather they were made from is top notch, and I would claim, at least in the same league as the horween DM leather, though maybe not quite as good.

Post subject: Re: What have they done to the PRO FLARE??
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:28 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to get a C55 to do a compare. Also I have seen a lot of PFC series gloves on FleaBay, the leather looks really good. (Kip like) I try to google the Louisville Slugger PFC series but came back empty. Can someone charm in on the quality of PFC? some said they use Gaucho Leather? has anyone heard of them?