WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Prestige glove not good to go
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:47 pm 
Gold Glover

Not sure if this idiot is on the forums or not, but i sold him a glove on ebay. Listing stated economy shipping. He gives me negative feedback because he "paid for economy shipping and it took a week to get". (I shipped the glove the day afte he purchased it). I realize this is probably a 14 year old using mom and dad's paypal account to be a more "swag" baseball player but come on. Mind you ive been on ebay since 2006 and have never once received negative feedback. I then see on instagram that he is using my photos to try to flip the glove before it was even in his possession. Today i come across a listing on ebay where he puts in his description that he wants sell his glove on instagram instead of ebay. I promptly reported the listing to ebay just to mess with him.

Post subject: Re: Prestige glove not good to go
Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:10 pm 

Wow its unreal some of the kids on eBay. Had someone try and return a glove once (Wilson G4 model stamped 11 1/2") because it wasn't a 11.5" glove (seriously! I guess no fractions in common core math).

I will say every time I've had a kid do something unreasonable, eBay is right there to back me up and correct the wrong. Might be able to have eBay change the feedback or let you comment on it. It does kind of speak for itself though. "paid for economy shipping and it took a week to get" like yeah... But sadly not every shopper will fully check things out and it could hurt you in the future.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:45 pm 

What an idiot, I wish some stuff that shipped to me economy only took a week...

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 12:53 am 

people are so stupid. call ebay, they will more than likely fix it.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:32 am 

Calls you "a cheap azz and for economy shipping", then uses your pics to try and flip the glove for $285 on eBay and $270 on IG before he ever received it.

Looks like he's got some friends/followers shill posting for him... gloves that people were supposedly fighting over 2 weeks ago (including yours) are still available, for a bunch less than he was originally asking. Looks like he's a HS freshman, so you weren't far off on age.

Read some of his posts, and you get a good insight to the IG glove world. The only thing that matters is IG fame and getting more followers, even if you have to promise glove giveaways in exchange for people following you. I guess that accounts for some of the weird PM's I've gotten from new members here offering me ludicrous amounts of cash/gloves for some rare/hard to get gloves so they can post pics of them to their IG accounts (then flip them), as I recognize some of the names of this kid's IG followers as being the same user names showing up in my inbox.

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:21 pm 

As a fellow "younger kid" these type of people also annoy me. While I may be a only a Sophomore in HS, my glove account stays away from giveaways to gain followers. What I have realized in my 1 1/2 years on the glove community is that it really is just a bunch of little kids mixed in with the occasional "mature" buyer. I have had an uncountable amount of kids who are 10-13 DM (direct message) me on Instagram to offer their destroyed A1K for my mint PP. However, on the other hand I have made quite a few deals with some reputable people, and that is the main reason why I continue to use it.

As to your problem- it makes me sad to see those that don't know how to communicate properly with others. I had a similar problem a few weeks ago with a person offered me a best offer. When I accepted it he told me he wanted to cancel his order. He then paid after telling me he was not going to. When he got the glove he left neutral feedback BEFORE contacting me. Later (a few days) he tried to make up a problem to try and return the glove. I quickly shot that down by explaining how specifically detailed the listing had been and etc... He ended up cussing me out and threatening to get eBay involved. Anyways, he somehow got them involved and I was prohibited from leaving negative feedback for him after HE was the one that had used the negative language and broke eBay's policy. I managed to skirt this rule by marking the feedback as positive but describing the transaction the exact way that it had happened. Unlike your case neutrals do not affect the percentage (thank goodness!)

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:32 pm 

Just for fun I looked up prestige gloves. He appears as one of the worst IG glove offenders out there. He posts videos of him pitching to give him "cred", and his last post was captioned, and I quote said "How do I gain more followers" :lol:

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:40 pm 

With the way things have gotten with eBay and IG in regards to baseball gloves, how can anyone trust that the kid buying your $200+ glove won't simply try to scam you at some point?
I mean what's preventing one of these kids from buying a super expensive/rare/collectible glove and simply claiming they received a beaten up Gold Glove Gamer instead of the glove they paid for, then file a claim so they can try and keep the glove and get their money refunded through PayPal?

Unread postPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 pm 

I've had to do a return through ebay with a seller who wouldn't communicate back. I bought a glove as not broken in and I received a floppy glove not even close to what was advertised. Since he went cold, eBay just had me ship it back and within 24 hours of tracking showing the package was delivered I was refunded. I wondered if it was tracking or if they had contact with the seller and waited til they confirmed they got their glove back before actually refunding me. I was able to track the kid down on IG found out he was a lefty pitcher in college and I bought a righty infield glove, I wondered if it was stolen.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:15 pm 
Gold Glover

thanks for the advice everyone. Im not too concerned with the ebay feedback thing. I impulse buy more than i sell on there anyways. It will make me be much more careful with my glove purchases to avoid selling excess gloves a few weeks later to people like this.