WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: 1225 Emanating Trap
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:43 pm 

Anyone seen one of these? DT Wheat 1225 Open Back Emanating Trap LHT. Soft Blonde liner. Plan on using it to play 2B, SS, and 3B :lol: .

Post subject: Re: 1225 Emanating Trap
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:47 pm 

I think i just found what my first Glovesmith is going to be, but RHT.ow did you get the web? is not an option on the website.

Last edited by Raton3 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 pm 

That is way awesome. I think it may be a newer offering as I asked for this over a year ago and the best they could do was a 1200USA stretched a bit and with a closed back.

Hmmm. I know it's about 3 months old. I hope these pics weren't taken today!!! Looks hardly broken in at all.

How do you like the blonde liner?

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:17 pm 

Rous wrote:
That is way awesome. I think it may be a newer offering as I asked for this over a year ago and the best they could do was a 1200USA stretched a bit and with a closed back.

Hmmm. I know it's about 3 months old. I hope these pics weren't taken today!!! Looks hardly broken in at all.

How do you like the blonde liner?

Pictures were taken right after I unboxed the glove. Couldn't figure out how to post pictures on this forum at first. I do like the blonde liner. Very comfortable. I think that the pattern was hand cut. I have to give Bart credit for working with me on this unique request. I could have even got Black Labels but went with the Wheat Labels instead!

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:11 pm 

So, two years later and this glove is still not totally broken in, but slowly getting there. Partially my fault, as I have been using my broken in gloves more often and have not taken enough effort to break this one in. Plus, this leather is really stiff.

How long is everyone cutting their laces? This one has like 5.5-6.0" of excess lace as measured from the knot. They kind of get in the way and dangle when making a catch. Is this an esthetic thing that makes a Glovesmith USA Custom unique? Does not seem to serve a functional purpose. All my other gloves (Rawlings and Nokona) have less than 1" of excess lace.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:54 am 

fogman wrote:
So, two years later and this glove is still not totally broken in, but slowly getting there. Partially my fault, as I have been using my broken in gloves more often and have not taken enough effort to break this one in. Plus, this leather is really stiff.

How long is everyone cutting their laces? This one has like 5.5-6.0" of excess lace as measured from the knot. They kind of get in the way and dangle when making a catch. Is this an esthetic thing that makes a Glovesmith USA Custom unique? Does not seem to serve a functional purpose. All my other gloves (Rawlings and Nokona) have less than 1" of excess lace.

I cut my laces short except for the pinky, which I leave 3-4" long I case I want to loosen up the fingers. I found out that long laces get in the way when catching and especially for the transfer.

Let's see some updated pictures of this beaut!