WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Rolin Customs
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:22 pm 

I've seen some great rolins and then I've seen some not so great rolins. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with a rolin? If so how good is the leather and what would you compare it to? and How does it perform?

Post subject: Re: Rolin Customs
Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:06 am 

GloveGuy29er wrote:
I've seen some great rolins and then I've seen some not so great rolins. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with a rolin? If so how good is the leather and what would you compare it to? and How does it perform?

I have a Rolin, and I'm very happy with it. However, its a shelf queen, not a gamer. So I can't speak to its performance. But the leather feels very nice, and I have no doubt that it would hold up to quite a bit of use. I don't see any flaws on mine. Its worth noting that there are two levels of leather, sort of like Rawling Gold Glove versus HOH, and I have the higher level. I forget their names. I have no experience with the lower level. I might be messing up details, but someone like JC here on the forum can set things straight if he sees this.

To me, the really great thing about Rolin is the customizability. No other company can give you so many options at such a good price. I pretty much told JC exactly what I wanted (many customizations) without even looking at an 'options' list, and they were able to do every single one, spot on.

So in summary, if you are looking for the highest quality leather for the money in a standard gamer...it will come down to preference, and I can't tell you if you will prefer their leather over others or not... But if you want to build a unique glove, they are the company to go with.

Post subject: Re: Rolin Customs
Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:35 pm 

Thanks for the input. Really helpful. I recently ordered a Vekoa glove its my first custom and its a great glove.