WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Re: Not many Vinci lovers here?
Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:06 pm 

Having actually owned 1 modern GG and 1 22 series Vinci (their entry lvl glove line), from that small sample size, I can say the Vinci was a way better glove. The Vinci felt like a solid glove whereas the GG seemed like after a couple games it would be downright dangerous, it was way floppy right out of the box from Rawlings. Like I said it is a small sample size and its jmo.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:48 pm 

I had to beat my gg pretty good just to get it broken in so I find it hard to believe it wouldnt last at minimum a couple years if you properly took care of it

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:25 pm 

thaynes wrote:
I had to beat my gg pretty good just to get it broken in so I find it hard to believe it wouldnt last at minimum a couple years if you properly took care of it

I guess that just goes to show a sample size of one may not be representative of an entire population. The only other GG I have is a model year 2000 GG Elite and it is a pretty solid glove, see pic below. The other more recent GG I had was definitely game ready right out of the box.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:03 pm 

I use a PJV16 for softball, but I would never use a vinci in baseball. I find that the Vinci is already a little floppier then I like after only a season of use. And I've only used it for catch twice outside of games, just to get it game ready. I just haven't seen a vinci that holds its shape as well as an a2000, HOH, or Pro Preferred. I would say it is on par with a mizuno classic pro soft. Just my two cents

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:17 pm 

My only experience was picking up a teammates Vinci...Just not impressed.
I'm very picky and I have know idea what level Vinci it was.

I think people tend to stick with what FEELS BEST. For me its Old Rawlings Horween 90's gloves,
and Mizzys (HIgh end of course). Fit my hand best. My buddy loves wilsons. He continues to
purchase Wilsons.

Creatures of Habit
F

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:59 pm 

Mike72 wrote:
thaynes wrote:

I guess that just goes to show a sample size of one may not be representative of an entire population. The only other GG I have is a model year 2000 GG Elite and it is a pretty solid glove, see pic below. The other more recent GG I had was definitely game ready right out of the box.

Were the gg you used dual core? Thats softer leather. I dont mess with dual core anything. Ill take the time to break it in and know itll not be floppy soon