WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Re: MINE Bats
Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:24 pm 

Showing off my new Mine bat that I recently got through Gabby next to a Carpenter bat and a Carpenter glove. I'm partial towards matte black alternative materials that outperform traditional materials, so this was a no-brainer for me. It's the first bat of mine (no pun intended) that I haven't made myself. The finish looks great next to my gloves. I REALLY like the soft touch feel. I got an Amalfi 33.5" drop-1. I can't wait to use it. There is still some snow on the ground here in Cooperstown so it will be a while before I take some cracks with it.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:43 am 
Site Administrator

Update....The Potenza has to be one of the best "stick" we have swung to date. Using for BP this season, this bat has tremendous POP! Durability is superb and we will be packing the bag with a couple more for summer ball.....FCBL wood bat league.

I don't want this to sound odd, but this is something one might say to the ladies....

"If you want great wood, try MINE"...... :D

BTW Gabby...this would make a hell of a T-Shirt......I take XXL ;)

http://www.glove-works.com
Your source for Professional Baseball Glove/Mitt relacing, restoration
and Glove sales.

"Home of "the Works"
"It's a whole nutha level"

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:08 am 

Hey Gabe! Gaetano brought us some new stuff to try out... I fell in love with the Como 33.5 -3(i think) model number is Como EB. Great pop and good balance. Think this model replace Roma on top of my top 3 list Mine bats. Love this thing :D

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:06 pm 

I just bought a Mine 30" Rimini bat for my son, who is almost 12, mostly for cage work and also for occasional wood-bat tournaments. We made this choice because of evident poor quality in youth ash bats off the rack (slanted and even wavy on both edge-face rings and flat-plane fibers, with many friends' bats broken in limited use). We also got a sense that beech was worth a shot over maple because of what we've been reading here.

Gabby and Kosta from the Mine office helped me understand that the range of drops for a given bat model depends entirely on the density of that piece of wood, not bat shape. Curious about what the densest wood would feel like, I decided to get a -1 bat from the specials page for $69, instead of the standard -2 or -3.

The bat arrived yesterday. You can feel the rock-like density immediately from holding the bat or tapping knuckles on the barrel. It is very fun to swing and bomb fly balls with, though I think it will take a while before my son can use it against competitive pitching. (We also use 29/29 wood bats from my youth, but the Mine bat feels heavier because of its bigger barrel.)

I also want to point out Mine's excellent customer service. Not only did he patiently answer all my questions about wood, Kosta also completely resolved an unusual shipping problem that wasn't Mine's fault. I know that Mine has much bigger business on the horizon, but such attention to an individual customer regarding a kid's bat is very much appreciated.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:06 pm 

do you guys know where to enter a coupon code?

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:28 pm 

My discount code is "meiki20" - jump on it!!!! You can call it in, but it should be there during checkout.

Thanks a lot everyone! You are all pioneers of European Beech! Big year coming up!

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:08 pm 

will do, thanks! Do I just enter it in the comment section?

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:54 pm 

friesacher6 wrote:
will do, thanks! Do I just enter it in the comment section?

To be safe, I would call it in. Deanna is super nice and will take care of you.

There is a box for discount codes in the 2nd step of checkout.

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 pm 

Thanks the code worked great! The bat just came in today (only took two days to ship to canada). It looks great and definetly felt great during BP, I got the roma and I love the turn, nice balance. According to the mine bats website there's an RFID in the knob; do you know why?

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:21 am 

friesacher6 wrote:
Thanks the code worked great! The bat just came in today (only took two days to ship to canada). It looks great and definetly felt great during BP, I got the roma and I love the turn, nice balance.

Thank you so much, and glad to see another pleased customer. Hope your Roma gives you tons of great hits.

friesacher6 wrote:
According to the mine bats website there's an RFID in the knob; do you know why?

The RFID chip is very much like the chip we get put in our pets, about the size of a grain of rice and holds information. In Mine's case, the chip is glued into the bottom of the knob under the silver sticker and serves as a quality feature. Each chip holds information on which harvest the billet of wood used to make the bat comes from, and what forest that wood grew. The European Beech wood used to make Mine Bats is 100% FSC Certified - which basically means that Mine Bat Company is very environmentally friendly, and replaces all of the trees harvested with new trees planted.