WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Lacing of TPX I-Web
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:04 am 

How is the I-Web lacing done to create the spirals rather than the X's that you see on most gloves. I assume that they still use the X technique and add another lace to wrap around them, but I'm curious as to how exactly it is done. Also, doesnt anyone know what materials are used in the pinky/thumb of the flares to hold their shape? I have an old Wilson I plan on restoring and would like to add an I-Web laced this way and want to put something in the thumb/pinky as reinforcement.

Post subject: Re: Lacing of TPX I-Web
Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:51 am 

LSU wrote:

How is the I-Web lacing done to create the spirals rather than the X's that you see on most gloves. I assume that they still use the X technique and add another lace to wrap around them, but I'm curious as to how exactly it is done. Also, doesnt anyone know what materials are used in the pinky/thumb of the flares to hold their shape? I have an old Wilson I plan on restoring and would like to add an I-Web laced this way and want to put something in the thumb/pinky as reinforcement.

It's very easy, I have never relaced a glove or taken one apart and I was able to do it to a couple of Rawlings I webs I've had. If you want to know how its done pm me and I could email or text you a short video on how I did it.