WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Black and Blonde arrived
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:09 am 

I have a bunch of family in town staying at the house so I haven't had the chance to play with it to much yet but I got some pics.
First some specs. It is the 1350 with a 5.25" wide web, DT black palm, liner and accents. Blonde web, back and labels with tan binding and laces. Weighs in at 27.8oz which is exactly 1oz less than my 13.5" HOH. The batteries in the camera gave out before I could get a pic of the measurement but it looks to measure out right at 13". Order on the 30th of May it shipped the 5th of July and arrived on the 8th.
Some initial impressions: I am pleased with the way it turned out, looks and feels nice. It looks much better in person than in the pics. The blonde wasn't as blonde as I imagined, which is a good thing in my book. I told them I liked tighter fitting finger stalls and they did a great job of accomplishing that. While measuring out nearly identical to my Mizuno Pro 2GW it looks much bigger when they are standing side to side, I will have to get a pic of that.

Post subject: Re: Black and Blonde arrived
Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:48 am 

Got a pic of the measurement and got started on the break-in tonight.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:43 am 

Wow, I have been back and forth between the 1300 and the new open back 13" glove and this may be pulling me back to the closed back version. Love to hear your comparo between this and the mizzy.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:38 pm 

I just saw your pics over at SBF. So in just a few days of work you got it to go from 13" to 13.5"? I don't think I have ever seen a glove gain that much length is such a short time.

What position do you play and how are you liking it so far?

I have a SG96 (same pattern as your 1350) and it is well used and broken in and measures 13.75". I relaced the opening (opened it up on the pinkie side one loop) and it is the perfect TIP glove.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:10 am 

Hi Rous- I was hoping to get some catches on the glove before responding with some of my impressions. I had games on Mon and Tue but due to coaching/managerial responsibilities I did not get to warm up at all, so I am still limited in my impressions so far.

If I didn't have the pics I would not believe the difference in the measurements either. I can't explain that one, other than to say there is always a margin of error when measuring and no two measurements turn out the same. I don't think I have seen a glove gain that much length no matter the time period :) .

As far as comparing the 1350 to the Mizzy there really isn't much of a comparison. Other than they represent two very different ways of making a quality glove. The Mizzy measures out just a little longer than 13" and is just over 5oz lighter than the 1350 at ~23oz. The weight difference is what reflects the difference between Mizuno and Glovesmith. If thick, heavy and stiff Horween is the holy grail for you the Glovesmith is the best choice. The 1350 is definitely the bigger glove, both wider and longer. The Mizuno smells better, I hope that smell doesn't wear off any time soon. You can see pics of the Mizuno here:
http://forums.softballfans.com/showpost.php?p=17096120&postcount=107

I am in the OF 99% of the time. I let them know I would be using the glove with TIP and with batting gloves on TIP is comfortably snug. With a larger glove size I prefer the finger stalls to be tighter, seems to make the glove a little smaller by increasing the feel for the glove.

As I said once I get a chance to spend some time with the 1350 I will get a better feel for it and be able to offer up more insightful impressions of it. In the mean time if you have any questions or need clarification of anything just let me know, happy to help if I am able.

For now my initial impression is that I would love to try a glove with the pattern of the 1350 and made by Mizuno :D .

Here are some pics of the 1350 in its current condition.

Last edited by Mike72 on Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:14 am 

And here are some size/pocket comparison pics. The Rawlings is a true to size 13.5" and as I said the Mizzy is just over 13". These two glove are game ready whereas the 1350 still needs some work.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:44 pm 

Great descriptions and pics. Man, the GS really makes the Mizzy look like an infield glove. You can see where the weight difference comes from.

For such a large heavy duty glove, 28 oz. isn't too bad, but 23 oz. for the Mizzy is remarkable.

I agree about tighter feeling gloves. They just feel more a part of your hand.