WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: All Star CM 1100 PRO Youth Mitt
Unread postPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:16 pm 

Just purchased this glove for my son based on all of the raves here about All Star mitts. Anyone here own this glove?? Looks to be really well made and the price was right. If my son continues to catch, I'll look to pick up one of the larger adult models. But in the meantime, I'm hoping this glove will fit a smaller hand well and not take too long to break in.

Thanks,

skc

Post subject: Re: All Star CM 1100 PRO Youth Mitt
Unread postPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:34 pm 

Just received this glove in the mail today. Initial impression is that the glove is quite nice, especially given the price. Leather is thick and of surprisingly nice quality. Made in the Philippines. Good fit on my adult small hand. And I actually like the Velcro wrist. Works well to cinch in the glove. More on this glove once my son starts breaking it in.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:17 am 

Once broken in, it is a great mitt for the little ones! My son used one for 2 seasons in Little League. Solved his thumb issues that he had with other brand.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:28 am 

eddieg wrote:
Once broken in, it is a great mitt for the little ones! My son used one for 2 seasons in Little League. Solved his thumb issues that he had with other brand.

What were the thumb issues he had? My son tried catching a few balls with an HOH Pro Mesh, but the padding and the position of his thumb in the glove didn't protect the side of him thumb during hard pitches. And hard pitches in 13U are maybe 60mph.

What is your son using now??

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:20 pm 
Gold Glover

skcheng wrote:
eddieg wrote:

What were the thumb issues he had? My son tried catching a few balls with an HOH Pro Mesh, but the padding and the position of his thumb in the glove didn't protect the side of him thumb during hard pitches. And hard pitches in 13U are maybe 60mph.

What is your son using now??

My son used a HOH pro mesh for the last 2 plus years and never had any thumb issues. He still has it as his back up. He now uses a pro preferred two tone which is an awesome mitt. We also picked up the buster posey mitt from rawlingsgear.com when they were on sale a few months ago which is baSically the same model as the two tone in HOH leather.

Pro Preferred PRO200-6K
HOH PRODCTP
HOH PRODC
HOH PROAP5
HOH PRO-TB

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:31 pm 

Just bought one for my son too...hoping it is light and an easy break in. Some of the catchers mitts out there are way too hard to break in...and others so easy that they are a mess after one season.... looking for that happy middle ground!

Mike

Unread postPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:48 pm 

Prefer the Wilson A2400 or A2403. In my opinion the best catchers mitts ever made.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:41 am 

Looking for tips on how to break in this beast of a youth mitt!! I've used Wilson Pro Stock conditioner, Lexol Brown, mallet, hours of catching dense rubber dimpled balls at local batting cage, but it's still stiff and hard to close. I'm about to try Glove Steamer next. Help!