WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: 3-4 weeks
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:41 pm 

First post, looking forward to being here. I ordered a 11.75 inch Custom USA on the last week of January. I called yesterday to check and was told that I was 3-4 weeks out, even after 2 weeks. Sounds like the are overwhelmed at the moment and I can see why. I'd say they'll take the next step soon and ramp up production even further as I'd say that the custom sporting goods market will do nothing but expand in the future.

I have a black Trap-A-Sphere coming with red welting and red laces, closed back. Going with a blend of OT and CRS leathers. We'll let you know when we get some news and/or a glove.

Post subject: Re: 3-4 weeks
Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:27 pm 

I love the 1175 pattern. You are going to like the glove a lot. Can't wait to see pics!

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:20 pm 

Is that the same as the Custom Elite? I just built one on customglove.com and it looks sweet. Are all Glovesmiths made in the USA?

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 am 

Elite and Select are made overseas (Philippines?). Only the USA customs are made here.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:35 am 

We'll absolutely take pictures. Its hard waiting, as a true American, I have a hard time with immediate gratification.:) I feel like I'm still about 3 weeks out.I bought the glove just because...I'm 37 years old and haven't played in 15 years. I do hope to pass it down though if my 7 year old shows interest...and I'll throw with him in the mean time.

Here's my comment. I do hope that it does not come predisposed with a flair. I played in a time when flaring wasn't popular. In fact, when I played infield, I rolled the fingers and thumb in and plan on doing it again. My (and everyone's) thoughts were based around developing a deep pocket like a basket. It seems to me that flairing might give you and inch on the outside, but often you don't field or catch on the edges. With flairing, you lose an inch at the heart of where a ball would enter the pocket near the web in your hand. I can see a ball kicking out right there. At least that what seems to me. You just don't get something for nothing. My take is that this is a fad, just like pants down past the heel and flat billed caps. 20 years from now, it will be something else. For me, I like the high socks and pants, a curled bill, like The early days of last century, and a rolled glove in the middle infield.

As a side, I always felt that an outfield glove should be straight as an arrow to maxamize length and reach. If anything, I rolled the pinky toward the thumb. No particulary reason why.

What do you all think. Don't want to make any enemies, just sharing my ideas.

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:09 pm 

I have always flared my gloves. I prefer my gloves to play wide and shallow instead of your bowled shape gloves with a deep pocket.

I would say to go with what you know and what youre comfortable with!!

I love my custom usa I hope you like yours

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:54 am 

That's right. At the end of the day, your comfort level goes a long way toward success. I had to cancel on the Custom for now. USA direct was great as the glove had not been started yet. While ill go that direction sometime, I can't afford the price it would seem so I went with a Shoeless Joe...we'll see. Thanks for the positive feedback.

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:57 pm 

can u customize a glove for fun and not buy it?

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:04 am 

Do you mean at a site like this one?

http://www.customglove.com/customglovesmith.html

Yes, you can play around with options all you want and never add it to your art or pay for it.