WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Fastpitch Gloves
Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:34 pm 

Looking for a nice fastpitch mitt for my kid to use at SS. Thinking about the Wilson A2000F ZINF-B. Any recommendations ? Seems hard to find the right glove made with quality. Maybe im just looking on the wrong places. IDK

Post subject: Re: Fastpitch Gloves
Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:50 pm 

For a 10-12 year old, this might be a really nice glove. How old is your kid? If your kid has a small hand, you may want to consider the Rawlings GG1150 or GG1000 made for small hands and wait to spend the money on the next one.

Here are some gloves to consider, the Rawlings would be the toughest to break in, the Vincis and Nokona not so bad.

At Vincipro.com, the TC21-VM or the CT82-M might be good (each plays maybe .25 smaller than listed)

Or, at ballglovewarehouse.com, the Nokona Buffalo Combo Series: AMG1200BCCW (also plays small 11.5" - 11.75", but with a large pocket that would work for softball). The buffalo combo gloves are the lightest weight gloves Nokona makes. Also. the Nokona AMG175 comes in a fastpitch model (Velcro back and tighter finger stalls) but measures in at 12.25". The Buckaroo model will be the lightest.

Or, at ballgloves.com, the Rawlings PRO1000-12P (but I think it might actually be 12.25"). It also has a wide and deep pocket that would work for softball. It may well be too big.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:01 am 

Check out some of the new Vinci's at BuyFastpitchGloves.com
there is a coupon code floating around too
GWF10 for 10% off

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:19 pm 

What is your budget? My daughter has a custom Mizuno fastpitch glove and loves it. Tan glove, purple Ichiro web and laces, green embroidery. Less than $200...

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 pm 

I added photos of my daughter's custom fastpitch Mizuno is a "Custom Softball Glove" thread in this forum...

Unread postPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:53 pm 

My daughter has a Akadema AMR and a Nokona AMG 12". The akadema has real small finger slots. I have small hands and I can barely get my hand in there. The loves the akadema but also uses Nokona on the dirt. She is about to go to the fastpitch A2000 due to her team having a sponsorship so I will let you know how that works out

Unread postPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:52 pm 

I think the Mizuno GMVP gloves are one of the best gloves for the $$$, normally around $100 retail, but they are on the heavy side. The leather is thick, but not overly stiff.
Anyone looking at one of these on ebay should know the size is in the model # - a GMVP1256 is a 12.5" glove, as is a GMVP1258. It seems a lot of the GMVP1256s are mis-stamped as 11 1/2". My daughter's glove is stamped wrong, and I've seen at least 2 or 3 others that are stamped wrong and therefore listed or described wrong. This goes for both right and left handed gloves.