WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: My first Akadema custom order .... nightmare
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:20 am 

My first order was a custom order for my soon to be nine year old son. I spoke with an Akadema Employee by the name of Fred Quinones. I placed the order for a new custom glove in middle January and was informed by Fred to place the order with him because the online system is unreliable and the order would "probably get screwed up.", so I did what I was told and placed the custom order with Fred. Again, this is my son's birthday present that he designed and he is looking forward to using it in April.

A few days later I received a phone call from Fred stating the credit card information I gave him was incorrect. I gave him the same credit card information the second time, but he informed me he had already placed the order as he stated, "he knew I was good for it."

One month went by and I contacted Fred near the end of February. He assured me the order was fine and I should expect the glove in a couple of weeks.

Tried to call him again last week and my phone calls or emails were not returned. (I have all email communications saved and most returned voicemail calls.

I Called and emailed again on Monday March 12. Once again the communication was not returned (neither email nor phone call).

Finally decided to leave a not so pleasant voicemail on Wednesday March 14th. Fred responded back with an email stating he never received the correct credit card information.

Needless to say, I was not happy with his response and this was the end of the line of me being nice. I finally was able to speak with him live. After a few moments he finally broke down and told me, "he fucked up." (not my words, his).

So here I have my son, who will be 10 on April 10th. He designed his own glove and this was to be his glove for travel baseball, and now he will not receive his glove.

This is beyond a simple mistake, this is someone who has gone out of his way to consistently lie to me every single step of the way.

I am typically a very forgiving person, but this is beyond reasoning. I constantly lied to when I asked about the status of the order and was consistently explained the glove is being processed and should have it in a few weeks.

At the end of the day, will my son not receiving his custom glove that he wanted for his birthday change my life? Probably not, but that doesn't make the actions taken by Akademea acceptable. I am hoping to receive a phone call from Akadema to explain the actions of one of the employees.

Thanks for listening to my Rant

Brian

ukbaseball

Post subject: Re: My first Akadema custom order .... nightmare
Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:31 am 
Gold Glover

Unlucky Brian, sorry to hear your son won't get his glove in time for his birthday. This would annoy me also. Not so much the mistake (people make honest mistakes, it happens), but the fact that instead of letting you know what was going on and offering you some options after the mistake was made, you were kept in the dark and they covered it up for as long as possible. Hopefully others have a better experience with Akadema.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:56 pm 

lindz1817 wrote:
Unlucky Brian, sorry to hear your son won't get his glove in time for his birthday. This would annoy me also. Not so much the mistake (people make honest mistakes, it happens), but the fact that instead of letting you know what was going on and offering you some options after the mistake was made, you were kept in the dark and they covered it up for as long as possible. Hopefully others have a better experience with Akadema.

I am a forgiving person, as we are all human. A simple error, two, three four.....I find myself always forgiving. However, knowing the full story behind this situation is a bit much, even for me.

I guess it would be one thing had I sent in my order and never followed-up, but that is not the case here. To me the cover up is worse than the error. I would have been fine if the rep would have called me back after the error was discovered (remember, the error was the fact the glove was never ordered) and told me. However, once the rep knew it was getting to the point of "show me the glove", he resorted to another lie by telling me he had tried to contact me to notify me that my credit card had been declined. This is the same credit card I pay off every month, the same credit card I just used to order a SLCS glove through eastbay, and the same credit card that is attached to my paypal account.

Oh, and not once have I received a simple apology from Fred Quinones or Akadema.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:29 pm 

I am not one to look for handouts, but I believe Fred should be buying your glove...this is nuts...if there is a mess up at a restaurant, the restaurant generally takes care of it...same thing should apply here

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:49 pm 

TeacherMan wrote:
I am not one to look for handouts, but I believe Fred should be buying your glove...this is nuts...if there is a mess up at a restaurant, the restaurant generally takes care of it...same thing should apply here

I agree 110%

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:48 pm 

Wow...that's a really disappointing story. I had such high hopes for their custom gloves. I hope this is just a case of one incompetent, irresponsible rep and not a statement about the company.

If you could ease my mind a bit...this isn't the Akadema rep that I put you in touch with is it? I think that guy is just a rep while you're talking about an actual employee here, but I want to make sure...

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 pm 

I believe the guy is actually an employee of the company because my Dad spoke with him to become a rep for Akadema.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:42 pm 

LLDad wrote:
Wow...that's a really disappointing story. I had such high hopes for their custom gloves. I hope this is just a case of one incompetent, irresponsible rep and not a statement about the company.

If you could ease my mind a bit...this isn't the Akadema rep that I put you in touch with is it? I think that guy is just a rep while you're talking about an actual employee here, but I want to make sure...

Sorry for the delay in posting. I need to see if there is a setting on the forum that will send a notification if someone responds to a thread of mine.

No, this is not the rep you sent to me.

Here is an update. I am not expecting anything for free, never my intention. I made the decision just to wash my hands of the situation. That being said, I just received my American Express bill and see there is a charge for the glove on my credit card. I have left voice mails with Akadema and sent emails without a response. This is too much....

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:17 pm 

I arrived home from work today and there was a box from Akadema. Glove was the custom I ordered back the first of the year. Did hear back from Akadema today.

I will post some photos later this evening or tomorrow.

Again, my opinion is obviously swayed due to the poor experience I had with Akadema. I am not going to say you should or should not order from Akadema (custom). My only advice is Akadema needs to make sure their custom ordering software is functional.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:08 am 

topic8509.html#p49972

Post with my opinions of the glove with photos.

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:46 pm 

Yikes, that is not good at all. I know Fred by name, but don't think I have ever dealt with him personally. I have been dealing for Akadema since 2005 so if you ever need any help with anything let me know.

mick.lite@gmail.com

http://micklitesports.com

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:09 pm 

LOL, that really is a "Bad Luck Brian" instance!

Sorry, I had to...