GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Morton HOH or Custom Rolin
HOH 75%  75%  [ 24 ]
Rolin 25%  25%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 32
 Post subject: Debating
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:47 pm 

What would you guys recommend, a custom Rolin glove or a rawlings HOH from don mortons

Post subject: Debating
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:51 am 

What are the pros and cons of each glove?
Thanks for any input guys

Post subject: Re: Debating
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:57 pm 

We have a factory broken in Rolin kids glove and several HOH gloves. I think the HOH gloves are much stiffer leather in the tan variety, while the black ones we have (one US, one Japan) are more comparable to the Rolin. Never having had a Rolin that was not factory broken in, it is hard to tell just how stiff it could be.

I love my HOH, and my son was an avid Rolin fan, but he now uses his black Pro200-9JB exclusively. He swears that he would never go back. I would not recommend any glove as highly as the HOHs for the money. The used ones that show up here for $125-$150 are amazing! I never had a new one, but I have never bought a used one that was broken in yet.

That being said, we had a great experience buying through JC, and I am sure he can get you what you want.

Your mileage may vary. Good luck.
Bob

Post subject: ANOTHER QUESTION
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:43 pm 

Thanks, what do you guys think about the Rawlings HOH vs the tpx gloves? (both from Don mortons and the code 55 horween leather)

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:23 am 

It's funny that the three gloves I was considering were the morton HOH, custom rolin and the code 55 horween from morton's as well.

I ended up going with the rolin mainly because of the customization. John really was awesome to work with - another reason I decided to give rolin a try.

I ordered a rolin glove extra stiff, and that's how it came in. Though it was almost hard as a rock, it seemed to break in pretty quickly. I love the long, drawn out process of playing catch with a glove for season or two, and then having it be game ready, and so this was the only thing about rolin that I do not like.

Honestly, though I really like rolin, I will probably give the morton HOH a try or the code 55 horween. Anyone know which one is stiffer and takes longer to break in?

-Max

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:40 pm 

Hey Max, will you be posting pics? I will be ordering a custom Rolin in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it...I have dealt with John before also, and he was a pleasure to do business with and will be again I am sure.