WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: My Custom JB-97 and WR-437-2
Unread postPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:54 pm 

The "bone" is almost like a white and their tan is almost like Rawlings camel but a browner tint. I like the bone leather more. The tan has a fuzzy/ suede feel that I'm not sure that I like yet. The tan one is really close to my MZP62 and feels like the TPX Flare 1150 H-Web. A good Rawlings comparison is the 1000HC. Feels bigger than the 11 1/2" list size, only drawback is that it feels heavy. The JB-97 listed as 12 feels closer to 11 3/4 or 11 1/2. I love the leather on this one. Reminds me of Mizuno Pro Limited leather and black horween HOH. Laces are stretchy, but whatever, I tighten frequently anyway. The Bone leather feels lighter too. One thing I noticed is that the ends on the pinky side of the heel lace are not tucked under but just left open and on the thumb side they are square knotted with another lace... never seen that before. Only "flaw" is the palm pad stitch goes right through the ring finger stall. Its kind of annoying, but it will probably callous over time if I use it enough. I would for sure recommend this glove over a stock HOH. If you are going to buy a HOH for $200 these days and you can get a custom one with any web ect for like $10/20 cheaper depending on options, I would do it. The stock HOH is not what it used to be. If you have to have a Rawlings (and there's nothing wrong with that) I'd say get one of each and go from there, especially if it's going to be a gamer. Anyway, enough typing- enjoy.

** Please recycle threads by using search via google before posting.

Post subject: Re: My Custom JB-97 and WR-437-2
Unread postPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:53 pm 

Wow-those both look fantastic! Sorry about not mentioning the stitching going through the ring finger hole, I totally forgot about that but I got used to it very fast, it shouldn't be much of a problem. What was the shipping time? I see it was about 2 weeks exactly. My JB-97 is sorta heavy but not too heavy. I'm really starting to like that bone color. Have you felt the binding yet? It feels really nice, sorta rubbery, but real leather. And i'm sure you've seen how the gloves easily and naturally flare out! Great gloves-I would buy another any day over a HOH. The tan leather is like nothing I had seen before. It feels totally different and very silky and smooth. I might get a black/bone mix WR-437-2 this summer-yours looks great.

Thanks for posting,

Kyle

Unread postPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 2:26 am 

Be careful with the WR, maybe its just the laces and my choice of web, but its really, really, wide. I don't know if I would get another one of those, but a JB-97 for sure. I'm so used to the Rawlings SP's being so narrow and the H's normal I did not even think that it might be different with Rolin/Barraza, haha. The flared SP is perfect. Reminds me of my all time favorite, the PRO-BBK from Rawlings. Have fun searching for that one, but its a sweet glove. Considering an OF model from Rolin and the LY-97.

Unread postPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:35 am 

Your SP is probably a little wider than mine because it has 1 more row of lace on the hinge. Also noticed that they cut the welting off on the thumb an inch early on both of them like they did mine, so they probably do it for a reason. If I had one complaint on mine it was that the web was sewn awkwardly and they missed a few stitches on the top and the strips of leather weren't weaved together all that right, but o well. For the interior of your gloves, does it have the soft, white, spongy leather on the top of the finger channels with the regular leather on the palm? And what was the shipping time for you?

Thanks

Unread postPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:22 pm 

Nice!! :D

Last edited by JCglovesUSA on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:03 am 

There isnt a binding option, but yes it is tan, and yes it is a little darker. The laces are about the same color though. I really prefer the bone leather more though. Its lighter and has a better feel to it.

Unread postPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:13 pm 

Hrking, how are these breaking in? Especially compared to your Rawlings. Are they up to your expectations?

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:36 am 

are these going to be your gamers HrKing?...if so can you please post pics of the gloves when broken in?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:10 pm 
Gold Glover

Dude!! These look awesome. How do they feel?

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:06 pm 

Have not had a chance to use them yet. Not much time for ball this summer unfortunately. The JB97 may be a gamer. The tan one is too heavy for me, so if anyone is interested..........

Just messing around with them they are softening up really well and it is a very comfortable glove on your hand.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:03 pm 

Both look very nice