WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Rawlings HoH Pro200 modified trap-eze 11 1/2
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:25 pm 

I thinking about buying a Rawlings Heart of the Hide PRO2004M
Or a PRO2004JB
I have never used a modified trap-eze glove before and it looked like a glove that I could use to replace my A2000 1786-TB (which I use for all infield positions and is getting way to floppy) and also be able to use it for pitching without tipping my pitches cause of the web.

If anybody has any experience with these type of gloves that would be great. I usually put my ring and pinkie finger in the slot for the pinkie finger to give myself a bigger pocket.

Post subject: Re: Rawlings HoH Pro200 modified trap-eze 11 1/2
Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:36 pm 

This is a great pitcher's glove. I prefer something wider for middle infield, but with the ring and pinkie over (like you're saying you prefer) it will work well once broken in.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:09 pm 

I just got a mesh glove and although I like the light weight, I do not like the look of the lace wearing through the back. I never had problems with floppyness with my A2's, Just make sure whn you oil your new glove stay AWAY from the fingers. Remember PPW=Palm, Pocket, and Web. Just work the figner with your hand and keep them firm

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:21 am 

If you like the 1786 A2000 (I do) then I'm not sure you'll like the PRO200 pattern. I didn't like it really at all by comparison to a 1786 A2000. Too flat and shallow. See if you can try one first.

Don't worry about using an open web. My son is a HS freshman pitcher who uses a Rawlings PRONP5. You can't see the grip/ball at all from the plate...

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:15 am 

Mason4208 wrote:
I just got a mesh glove and although I like the light weight, I do not like the look of the lace wearing through the back. I never had problems with floppyness with my A2's, Just make sure whn you oil your new glove stay AWAY from the fingers. Remember PPW=Palm, Pocket, and Web. Just work the figner with your hand and keep them firm

I've never oiled my glove, but I do put shaving cream in my glove to clean it up and give the leather some much needed life. I think the reason my A2000 is so floppy is because have used so much.

But if I do buy this glove, I'll probably get it off ballglovewarehouse.com so I can break it in and if I don't like the feel of it I can just return and get one with an I-web or a single post.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:41 am 

That's a good place to buy from, but remember single post will break is a lot quicker than any other web and will get loose more quickly also. Mod traps are the thickest webs and generally last the longest IMO. BUt they stay stiffest the longest.