WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Not many Vinci lovers here?
Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:24 am 

Doesnt seem to be too much love for Vinci on the boards here. Why so?

Post subject: Re: Not many Vinci lovers here?
Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:38 am 

Mostly traditionalists who stick to the big names. For the most part, they don't stray. I perceive a bit of a pack mentality on here as well.

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:56 am 

Yea people seem easily brainwashed by big corporate logos even though most of the biggies have there gloves made in factories they dont even own and very few (except Nokona and Insignia) make most or all of there gloves over seas. Not saying that the gloves are all junk, just think that people pay alot of money just for a logo.......

I love my Vinci's and a few other brands I have found that offer good gloves at reasonable prices :D

Unread postPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:50 pm 

I don't agree.. Plenty of Rolin and Glovesmith fans here and they're certainly not mainstream.. I love them both, but I've been an A2000 fan for almost 20 years, so that's my vice..

I've tried a couple vinci gloves and just didn't care for them.... But was more than willing to give it a try...

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:12 pm 

We love Vinci at our house. My son's catcher's mitt is a SW-79M, he also has a first baseman's mitt, and my JV-26-M that he acquired from me as his fielding glove. He's getting ready to pull the trigger on a new custom as well. His little sister is trading up to her first big girl glove for Pinto ball this fall.

I used a Wilson's catcher's mitt in college and a Heart of the Hide Gold Glove Rawlings for 20+ years as my fielding gloves but now use a Vinci for softball and a custom Nokona when I'm coaching baseball.

Most people haven't heard about these smaller brands but when they handle the gloves and really compare them to the mass market gloves they come away impressed.

Unread postPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:44 pm 

I think there is a good amount of variety on the forum, however and not surprisingly, most of the discussion is around Rawlings, Wilson, Mizuno as they have the most market share, so more people buying/using = more people talking. No different than if you had a preference for 1970 AMC AMX compared to a 1969 Camaro, you will find more info/website about Camaros.

Personally I have found that all the high quality gloves from all the vendors are nice, it's just really personal preference. For me Mizuno and Rawlings just fit my hand better than Wilson, and my son likes Glovesmith.

Easton is another glove maker (and a big company to boot) that does not get much attention either, even though their EPG and E-Pro series are very nice gloves. The good side of that is that you can get some fantastic deals on them.

I think Vinci is just one of the smaller vendors (and there are many others) that I'm sure makes a very nice glove on their top end as do the other makers. If you want to feel really lonely try a posting about Carpenter gloves :D

As long as we all play and share our information we all win.

Unread postPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:28 pm 

My buddy got one and I tried it and imo, which really means nothing to any one other than me, its lower quality than rawlings gold glove line. You get what you pay for with leather. Simple as that

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:47 am 

That you would even write something like this is completely laughable!

What series of glove was this that you tried? Vince offers several series of gloves at different price points & of different quality levels, all of which are better than current production Gold Gloves.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:56 am 

MaverickAH wrote:

What series of glove was this that you tried? Vince offers several series of gloves at different price points & of different quality levels, all of which are better than current production Gold Gloves.

I have only tried one Vinci glove, and granted, it was the cheapest of all their offerings. But I would say it was only on par with Gold Gloves. I wasn't crazy about it, and got rid of it. I have no doubt that their higher end stuff has great leather and construction, but for me...well, I just don't think they look that great, in general. Just my 2 cents.

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:09 pm 

thirdbase24 wrote:
MaverickAH wrote:

I have only tried one Vinci glove, and granted, it was the cheapest of all their offerings. But I would say it was only on par with Gold Gloves. I wasn't crazy about it, and got rid of it. I have no doubt that their higher end stuff has great leather and construction, but for me...well, I just don't think they look that great, in general. Just my 2 cents.

I would ask you the same thing. What series did you try?

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:42 pm 

MaverickAH wrote:
I would ask you the same thing. What series did you try?

I had the RV 1957. Don't get me wrong - it wasn't a bad glove. But it was not the same quality leather as a HOH. One thing I'll give it - I think I remember the lining being a bit nicer than Rawlings GGs. But the shell leather wasn't special.

here are pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/katich24/s ... 787131880/

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 pm 

I hate to say it, but the vinci's just don't look good to me.
The quality control doesn't look very tight.

Fingers widths, curves, stitching, etc.
They seems a little all over the place.

I hate that to be the reason but it is.
My gloves need to be functional & PRETTY

F

Unread postPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm 

I had a WV32 (kip) for a while and thought it was a decent glove, but not as nice as a HOH from a materials and construction standpoint.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:00 pm 

Carefull fredder we may upset maverick. Why you always so uptight dude? You seem knowledgable but a total tight nose. Just because you dont agree with something some one says doesnt mean you have to be a smart nose about everything. Not everyone is gonna agree with you and everything you think. Thats the point of threads like this to discuss. And idk what series it is however you cat tell me all of vincis product line is better than the gold glove line. Its just not realistic. Btw he payed the extra money to get his name embroidered on it and games an a800 over it so clearly he didnt like it either. I do know it was 175 bucks though.

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:55 pm 

I used to think that rawlings was overrated and the small companies were, better and so I currently own a woodz mitt and a 44 pro glove. But I eventually got a wilson a2000 and a couple of HOHs, and i gotta say, the big names are better. They are far more consistent in both quality of material and quality of craftsmanship. imo rawlings also has the nicest leather and holds up best, but i am always interested in new companies. I also dont find vincis look nice, just my taste tho