WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: Looking For Glove Rawlings or Wilson
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:35 pm 

I am looking for a glove for my son, but am really not sure what series to consider. He is 14 and currently has a Wilson A2000 Ricky Weeks and a Rawlings RTD (I think) 11.25"-11.5". He has been using the A2000 for about 2 years.

I am a big Rawlings fan but the A2000 was pretty cool, so I got it for him.

He plays 3rd base, pitches, and I think he may play some outfield over the next couple years as he transitions to HS. On 3rd, he has said that his glove feels a bit small in size so I have thought that maybe he would be more comfortable with a little bit bigger glove.

So I am considering a glove that will give him some more size. The fit is not the issue, its the glove size seems very tiny on the Wilson Weeks glove. I know all the different series gloves have different types of pockets and different sizes. I am looking for some advice for some suggestions on what glove series/size to consider.

I am not looking at a $400 glove but I'm also not necessarily looking at a $70 glove either. I was thinking maybe a 12"? But it seems like the pocket style makes a lot of difference. My son prefers the mod trapeze and the I-Form pockets, but we can be open to other stuff too.

Any suggestions in the Rawlings or Wilson lineup?

Post subject: Re: Looking For Glove Rawlings or Wilson
Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:17 pm 

I would suggest a 11.75-12" rawlings, either pro200-6 or the Don Morton 11.75" SPT...both are great gloves that will last u a long time...I bought a Don Mortons PROSPT but unfortunately have not had a chance to use it....if you're interested I'll be posting it in the for sale section in the next day or so...

djtech2k wrote:
I am looking for a glove for my son, but am really not sure what series to consider. He is 14 and currently has a Wilson A2000 Ricky Weeks and a Rawlings RTD (I think) 11.25"-11.5". He has been using the A2000 for about 2 years.

I am a big Rawlings fan but the A2000 was pretty cool, so I got it for him.

He plays 3rd base, pitches, and I think he may play some outfield over the next couple years as he transitions to HS. On 3rd, he has said that his glove feels a bit small in size so I have thought that maybe he would be more comfortable with a little bit bigger glove.

So I am considering a glove that will give him some more size. The fit is not the issue, its the glove size seems very tiny on the Wilson Weeks glove. I know all the different series gloves have different types of pockets and different sizes. I am looking for some advice for some suggestions on what glove series/size to consider.

I am not looking at a $400 glove but I'm also not necessarily looking at a $70 glove either. I was thinking maybe a 12"? But it seems like the pocket style makes a lot of difference. My son prefers the mod trapeze and the I-Form pockets, but we can be open to other stuff too.

Any suggestions in the Rawlings or Wilson lineup?

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:20 pm 

Thanks.

Whats the pocket like on those gloves? Is it more deep or more shallow/small like the 2 gloves he has?

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 11:57 pm 

The PROSPT looks like it would have a deeper pocket not shallow at all, but I can not tell you 100% with certainty because I never really started breaking it in....

djtech2k wrote:
Thanks.

Whats the pocket like on those gloves? Is it more deep or more shallow/small like the 2 gloves he has?

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:40 am 

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:04 am 

I do have a 12" Wilson A2K DW5 (3rd base) for sale on Ebay. along with others, I will send you a link via PM.

Ask me about anything, I dont know as much as most of the forum member here, but I do have over 40 gloves at anytime, so I am sure I can find you something that will fit your kids need and budget.

Datduke.

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:51 pm 

i have a custom rawlings pro200-6 that has a nice deep pocket and its for sale send me a message if your interested

Unread postPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:43 pm 

So I have been doing some looking and here are some options I have heard might be decent for what I need:

Wilson 12" A2000: a2000cjw / A2015CJW: I am not sure if these 2 model numbers are the same or different gloves.

Wilson 12" A2K: WTA2KRB15CJW

Rawlings 11.75" HOH: PRO175JBC

Rawlings 11.75" HOH Dual Core: PRO1175DCBB

What do you guys think? Like I said, I want something with a bigger pocket that my sons current gloves but can still be comfortably used in most positions. I would prefer something that will be able to be broken in quickly, but I do realize that some of these gloves are very stiff out of the box.

I do not mind last years models or anything. The most expensive glove on this list is $250 and the cheapest is like $160.

Unread postPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:49 am 

I gamed and would recommend the following for 3B. Also, take into consideration I wear a XL or XXL batting glove.

Rawlings PROS17IC (mine was an older notchback which I retired) was embossed as a 11.75" but played big.
The new model (standard hand stall) is nice too.

Wilson A2000 DW5 Stamped as a 12" but played small length wise. Wasn't too deep a pocket for my liking.

Rawlings PRONP5TLB is the 12" Beltre model. Liked the glove just got an offer I couldn't refuse (the new JB model is listed as a 11.75").

Some other options
I just got the new Machado RGGC and its nice but feels a little small.
Rawlings gear also recently released the PRO206-6CB which looks nice with the blond/black color way. Listed as a 12"

Hope these help.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:48 pm 

Does anyone know if there is a difference between A2KBB4CJWR vs A2K15CJWR, other than the color and it being 2014 vs 2015?

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:20 am 

Anyone?