WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post subject: JC hooked up a bunch of my little HUSTLERS with Rolins....
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:10 am 

I am a BIG fan of the Rolin Kids gloves. Got a few of the parents to bite (most people have to be convinced to spend $150 on a glove for their 7 year olds), and I think they are going to see that these gloves are 100% worth every penny. Not only do they look sweet and are constructed with quality leather, they are functional for those little hands.

I know that I will be getting some more requests for these gloves when everyone sees what these lucky boys have....

Post subject: Re: JC hooked up a bunch of my little HUSTLERS with Rolins..
Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:27 am 

how do these differ from other youth gloves. I understand the Rolin leather is nice, but how do these differ from a Rawlings Pro Taper?

Great looking gloves.

also, what size is the glove on the bottom right (Christian)

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:50 am 

Christian is a big kid! Great looking gloves...

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:35 am 

The gloves in the photos are all 10.5".

I am not a professional photographer :D

The glove placement and angle of the photo makes the gloves look to be different size, when, in fact, they are all the same. 10.5"

The Rolin Kids gloves are proportioned for a small hand.

These are not just a "short version" of an adult sized gloves. They are specifically designed for a youth player.

The hand opening, finger stalls, glove width, depth, etc. are all proportionally downsized for a youth hand.

The gloves are all leather, inside and out, including finger stalls, binding, etc.

There is a sewn-in leather palm pad in every glove.

I have several 10.5" gloves in stock, ready for immediate shipment, and another shipment 12 gloves inbound in a few weeks.

Photos can be found here on my website http://www.gloveguy.us/main/page_rolin_gloves_rolin_kids_gloves__10_and_105.html

Feel free to call or email me with any questions.

JC

Rolin/Barraza Dealer/Distributor

http://www.GloveGuy.us

john@gloveguy.us

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:22 am 

I got Christian his first Rolin kids glove a couple of years ago (actually a little over a year ago) because I wanted to see how it compared to other "kid sized" gloves. Everyone knows I am a Rawlings fan (also love Mizuno), but Rolin/Barraza really has the market cornered on "Kid" gloves - yet it is still really a secret. These gloves really are scaled down patterns that fit a young kids hand and allow them to open/close the glove much easier.

The Rawling Pro Tapers are good, but I think that they better serve a kid that is around 10 years old. These Rolins are made for little guys.

Unread postPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:31 pm 

Got the gloves, JC! They are really beautiful!

Funny - sent out a text message to the parents to let them know I had recieved the gloves, and within 30 minutes all but one of the dads were at my office to pick them up! EVERYONE has a little glovenut in them. They were all thrilled with them, too.

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:47 am 

Sweet little gloves Mason. How's the break in been on them? I have a 7 year old and at that age they need their gloves pretty well softened up to be game ready. I'm thinking about picking one of these up but I'm afraid it'll take me all season to loosen it up.

I agree about the Pro Tapers too. I got one of the Pro Taper Gold gloves with PP leather from Home Run Monkey and it's a nice little glove but still on the big size for a 7 year old. Better for a 9 to 11 or 12 year old I think.

Also, how well do they fit the hands of your 7 year olds?

Thanks.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 am 

They are firm, but I got both of them with the factory break. They are very pliable, and they fit my sons hand very well. Still a tad big, but he will get lots of use out of it if he takes good care of it.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:44 am 

First of all sorry for calling you "Mason" in the last post. :D I think you two were the only ones I contacted much when I was on this forum before so I got you confused.

Anyways, I just ordered one of these gloves for my 7 year old. Can't wait to check it out. I preferred the I web but he wanted a black mod trap with red lace so that's what he got.

Just want to say that John C (the glove guy) was awesome. I pestered him for 2 weeks straight as I decided if I wanted to drop the $ and pick one of these up. I also requested photos 3 different times (I know, I'm a pain) but the guy is a pro and always communicated with me and got me the pics I asked for. Much like Gabby, he's a great guy.

Now, to explain to my wife how I bought my 7 year old son an SLCS custom and a Rolin kids glove all in a 10 day period! :shock:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:45 pm 

My sons first real glove that he used all through T-Ball and some coach pitch was the Salinas 1PT Trainer:

http://www.s3glove.com/s3newsite/

We have 2 of them now and he still grabs it occasionally for training...heck, he wanted it use it in a game the other day. I LOVE that first glove. He plays on the Salinas 10U Select team so I get to dig through all the gloves at the Academy when they practice. We also have a 222 and 333.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:31 pm 

The Rolin 10.5" gloves are NOT training gloves.

A training glove is a small glove, designed to fit an adult hand.
(Rolin can make a training glove if desired by a customer)

The Rolin Kids gloves are proportioned and balanced to fit a youth hand.

All leather inside and out....

JC

Rolin/Barraza gloves Dealer/Distributor

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:39 pm 

I don't think I implied the Rolin kids gloves were training gloves...if I gave that impression, I apologize. The Salinas glove worked great for my son as I'm sure the Rolin gloves work great for other kids.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:32 pm 

Thanks for that link Lugnut. I live in the city of Salinas here in California so that's pretty cool. I've got to pick up a "Salinas Baseball Academy" at the very least. It's weird though, when you order it and add it to your cart it doesn't ask you to choose a size. Oh well, I'll check back later. Looks like a cool deal man. I wish the Salinas Baseball Academy was in Salinas, Ca.!! :D

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:34 am 

Got my son's 10.5" Rolin kids glove. It's a black mod trap with red laces. This thing is pretty sweet. It's actually a tad bigger than I thought it would be but it's fine. It's still a bit smaller than his Pro Taper and his PROS12MTB so I think it'll make a nice glove for him probably through next season. Maybe longer. The leather has some firmness to it but it is overall fairly soft. Perfect in my opinion for a kids glove. It'll take some breaking in but not a ton.

Now I've got a week to soften it up while my son's on spring break and has no games or practice. Thanks again to JC...great guy. I'll have to post some pics of it in action once it's game ready.

Sorry to highjack the thread but I didn't think it warranted a new one.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:43 am 

The rolin xpt black leather is awesome.