WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM BASEBALL GLOVE COLLECTOR FORUM

GLOVE-WORKS.COM Baseball Glove Collector Forum/discussion board

WWW.GLOVE-WORKS.COM "It's a Whole Nutha Level" tm. Glove-Works 2012

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: HAWK BASEBALL IS BORN!
Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:07 pm 

Molina34 wrote:
I actually have 3 on production, and the colors are all black, all tan, and a camel with black or brown lacing, haven't decided on that one yet. What other color combos you think would look cool on a trap eze? And as for the size is hard to get a "true" sizing, cause rawlings and wilson have even different measures in their gloves. I think I can solve that with the sizing guide in the japanese sites. What do you think?

Proper measurements made and the gloves sizes are:

Solid web is a 11.50
Trap eze glove 11
H web is 10.75

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:06 pm 

Black/tan is a good combo also tan/black or black/camel brown/camel

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:22 pm 

Glovesmith USA customs does the upside down leather patches (with a embossed logo) and it looks great -- not sure how it would look with embroidery. I think color coordinating the patch with the binding would be a good stock choice. And I think the dark brown heritage gloves would look great with black binding and laces.

As for the leather combos, I think camel with black trim and laces is a great look (esp. with black patches).

Bart at Glovesmith told me he thinks lots of two-color combos can look good, but once you go to three it is almost always a train wreck. If you can get welting and lacing that is the same color as the shell, it should be easy to make it work.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:55 pm 

Every opinion is welcome, and I do believe I'm getting on track having the privilege of reading from people who loves baseball gloves as I do. I'll be making more gloves with different patches and eventually will get the right one. I'm pretty sure not even the big companies started with everything figured out.

For you guys that know people in the glove factories would be a great help if you could help me find out a place where they can make me a leather stamping plate, to print the hawk logo in the palm. How do you think it'll look? Or do you prefer nothing in the palm?

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:33 pm 
Gold Glover

Loving the leather color on that Heritage series. Can't wait to follow the progression of your brand! Maybe one day, I'll buy one as well.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:28 am 

Keeping an eye on this thread! I like the fact you are listening to everyone here as they are very knowledgeable. Also possible customers as am I. Once you get all the kinks worked out, id like to get my son one. He is 9 now and will probably be 11 atleast when he gets another. Id like to get him a custom if you have options for smaller hands? Also would like to see ALL of the color options you have available. Id like to see all of this hopefully soon so I could order in time for xmas!

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:36 am 

I quite like the Heritage series as well. I do think the palm stamp is a good idea but it needs to be bigger, a lot bigger. Get rid of the "PRO GLOVE" stamp. It is awful. I like to embroidery directly on the wrist strap but also think the reverse piece of leather stamped like Glovesmith does is an excellent idea.

One final thing, get rid of the shearling on the back of the wrist strap. Mexican shearling is god awful. Have a smooth piece of leather on the back of the wrist strap instead. I think EVERYONE who has owned a Mexican glove will agree that the shearling over the past few years is terrible. I had a Rolin from 2006 and the shearling was great, not sure what happened.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:35 pm 

a98ws6 wrote:
Keeping an eye on this thread! I like the fact you are listening to everyone here as they are very knowledgeable. Also possible customers as am I. Once you get all the kinks worked out, id like to get my son one. He is 9 now and will probably be 11 atleast when he gets another. Id like to get him a custom if you have options for smaller hands? Also would like to see ALL of the color options you have available. Id like to see all of this hopefully soon so I could order in time for xmas!

Thank you for following the progress of my brand. Yes we're working hard so everything comes perfect ASAP, but will keep running tests about the "looks" of the glove wich in the end will make this brand to be known. As for the gloves for kids I'm really working on it very close with my crafter 'cause honestly none of the mexican brands does a really kids glove, they just cut out some inches of leather here and there but that sometimes makes that small gloves lose their balance and fit on a kid's hands. Will let you know how we advance on that.

Will do my best to have everything worked out before you send that letter to Santa!

you can check out the colors available on facebook, look for Hawk Baseball, for now is all in spanish but photos are there and you can give us a "Like"!

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:50 pm 

towson80 wrote:
I quite like the Heritage series as well. I do think the palm stamp is a good idea but it needs to be bigger, a lot bigger. Get rid of the "PRO GLOVE" stamp. It is awful. I like to embroidery directly on the wrist strap but also think the reverse piece of leather stamped like Glovesmith does is an excellent idea.

One final thing, get rid of the shearling on the back of the wrist strap. Mexican shearling is god awful. Have a smooth piece of leather on the back of the wrist strap instead. I think EVERYONE who has owned a Mexican glove will agree that the shearling over the past few years is terrible. I had a Rolin from 2006 and the shearling was great, not sure what happened.

I really like to read your opinions about my brand. I'm leaning towards eliminating the Hecho En Mexico stamp, was thinking about going retro and putting as few stamps as possible, only the logos and name embroidered would look pretty cool I believe. Somebody told me to put model number and size on the glove but that would be tricky, to re-baptize every model and avoid what other brands have used as model numbers. Will work that out.

And as for the shearling I'll say what I've come to discover while working on this life project that I've got on to. Rolin here in Mexico has become the "China" of our country. They go around the area where more glovecrafters have their small factories and begin to buy in "bulk", they only ask for specifications they wish and send patches to put on the gloves. So, almost everybody is working for Rolin, and as my brand, there's a lot of brands coming out with the exact same specs as Rolin, some better, some worst, but at the end this is making the glove industry to come to a lack of quality choices. That's is why you now find the quality of a Rolin glove to be hard to find on each and any of their gloves, only the custom orders are made with a little more detail and sometimes even their top line fails to fulfill customers wishes, as I've read in some threads in this forum.

I can compare this happening here as it happenned to Wilson with the vietnamese models that have now that "cheap" feel on them, some of the Mizuno's global elite, and other gloves that you might have seen suffer a decrease in quality.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:57 pm 

And don't mean "every" vietnamese glove. As it is here, depends on the company doing the manufacturing, some have better quality controls

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:16 am 

I just wanted to make clear that in any moment I was saying bad things about Rolin or any other brand, I was only trying to make everyone to understand how hard it is to get the glovecrafters to adapt and open to new ideas about making a baseball glove. I was told to erase the "bad" comments about the Rolin brand and I will, only that I've read the thread again and didn't find that I was talking anything wrong about them. Just made reference to some of the opinions I've found here about that brand.

The only reason I am in this forum is to learn and take note about things glove companies may have lost when making a glove, I never joined this forum to make more sales, if it where that my intention would have gone directly to "The Marketplace" or maybe eBay to get sales. Right now I'm going very slowly and still asking opinions about my gloves because I do have to be sure I start in the right directions.

I believe I haven't set up a sales pitch page or comment in this forum, I've been asking for points of view. If in any moment anybody thought I was being disrispectful to anyone or any brand I ask for an apology.

Please don't take my comments wrong because the last thing I want is for people to think that I'm envy on what they are doing or accomplished, 'cause I'm not, I'm just working (and it is a very hard work) to get up a company that will stand by it's own name. I hope in God I can do that. And one of my goals is someday be placed right next to Rolin in quality and craftsmanship, but don't want to get there by talking bad about them, but doing better than them. They've been long in the business, and companies when they grow up, sometimes loose some sort of quality.

That's why Rawlings went back and put out the option for custom gloves, Wilson is doing the same, Mizuno did too, because they noticed their quality in the mass production was fairly good but were losing the "touch" that most of their customers liked. That's why many of us are willing to spend a lot of money in a custom glove, I know I did, 'cause we pay for the beauty of the glove, and for the time and work each and every custom glove represents. The extra time to take care of detail.

I'll do my best to try and not offend anyone again.

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:30 am 

Hi Molina34.

Thank you for clarifying your comments relative to Rolin.

There is one statement that you made in your prior thread that I must take exception to:

You stated:

for the gloves for kids I'm really working on it very close with my crafter 'cause honestly none of the mexican brands does a really kids glove, they just cut out some inches of leather here and there but that sometimes makes that small gloves lose their balance and fit on a kid's hands.

The Rolin kids glove patterns are distinctly different from the adult sized Rolin gloves.
The Rolin kids gloves are proportioned and balanced for a small hand.

I understand that you are here to promote your brand, but I cannot sit idle and read comments that I know to be untrue.

All the best to you in your business venture.

JC

Rolin/Barraza dealer/distributor

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:02 pm 

Molina34 wrote:
a98ws6 wrote:

Thank you for following the progress of my brand. Yes we're working hard so everything comes perfect ASAP, but will keep running tests about the "looks" of the glove wich in the end will make this brand to be known. As for the gloves for kids I'm really working on it very close with my crafter 'cause honestly none of the mexican brands does a really kids glove, they just cut out some inches of leather here and there but that sometimes makes that small gloves lose their balance and fit on a kid's hands. Will let you know how we advance on that.

Will do my best to have everything worked out before you send that letter to Santa!

you can check out the colors available on facebook, look for Hawk Baseball, for now is all in spanish but photos are there and you can give us a "Like"!

I really like the logo stitched into the wrist on the chocolate gloves in your Facebook page. Id like a black outside and maroon palm side with black laces and maroon logo and name stitched. Whenever you have the smaller size gloves available, let me know!

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:14 pm 

a98ws6 wrote:
Molina34 wrote:
a98ws6 wrote:

I really like the logo stitched into the wrist on the chocolate gloves in your Facebook page. Id like a black outside and maroon palm side with black laces and maroon logo and name stitched. Whenever you have the smaller size gloves available, let me know!

I will let you know! Thank you for stopping by on a fb page! The glove with H web in the page is a 10.75, maybe that's what you are looking for?

Unread postPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:12 am 

you can check out the colors available on facebook, look for Hawk Baseball, for now is all in spanish but photos are there and you can give us a "Like"![/quote]
I really like the logo stitched into the wrist on the chocolate gloves in your Facebook page. Id like a black outside and maroon palm side with black laces and maroon logo and name stitched. Whenever you have the smaller size gloves available, let me know![/quote]

I will let you know! Thank you for stopping by on a fb page! The glove with H web in the page is a 10.75, maybe that's what you are looking for?[/quote]
actually looking for a 11.5 h web. He is not quite ready for an adult glove but a 10.75 is too small. Probably just a more narrow finger stall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next